Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sjoewe
Nov 30, 2008
SYSEX is the magic word for transferring patches.
Sound Quest's MIDI Quest is pretty much the holy grail for this, supports many different synths and offers a nice GUI too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sjoewe
Nov 30, 2008

Sizone posted:

Reminds me, I've got a license for midiquest which I will -gladly- sell someone.

Midiquest is terrible. terrible. terrible.

Is it? :ohdear:
Why so?

It was eyeballing the essential version to ease programming for my DX27 and Poly 800.

Sjoewe
Nov 30, 2008

Fors Yard posted:

Just bought a Korg EX-800

I love my Poly 800. It's like a magic box of Detroit techno goodness :swoon:

Sjoewe
Nov 30, 2008
I don't know, couldn't we use a scale with a cool Bondesque abbreviation or something?
These Oscilators rate 34.41 F.A.R.T.Z

Sjoewe
Nov 30, 2008
The Korg plugins only run on the 32-bit version of Live 9.

Sjoewe
Nov 30, 2008

W424 posted:

All the other ones are working just fine on 64bit, the Wavestation doesn't show up on plugin browser.

Okay. I couldn't get any of them to work in 64-bit. All run pretty okay in 32 tho.

Sjoewe
Nov 30, 2008
Today I favoured buying a new bicycle over a MPC 1000. I might be suffering from retro-GAS.
Should I go see a doctor?

:ohdear:

Sjoewe
Nov 30, 2008

Sizone posted:

No, riding the bike regularly will get you into pretty good shape.

Is that into a saw, or more of a sinus shape?

Sjoewe
Nov 30, 2008
If you need anything shipped, I'm based in the Netherlands.

Sjoewe
Nov 30, 2008

wayfinder posted:

Hermelien Griffel & Marcel Lubbermans plz

I really hated Harry Potter as a kid. Still do if we're being honest. :ohdear:

Sjoewe
Nov 30, 2008

WAFFLEHOUND posted:

I don't have access to a place to build a desk, unfortunately.

Acces to IKEA? They sell extendable legs that go to 90cm.

Sjoewe
Nov 30, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yx3t-hNstKU

Wow. I was nearly tired of the the old gal, but after seeing this I might just give her a new youth....

Sjoewe
Nov 30, 2008

Startyde posted:

It's all the worst things about 80s synths put together in one box AND sounds like poo poo. With the atomahawk upgrade it's MIDI automated poo poo. Its DCOs are square wave generators mixed together, one filter for all voices. I mean yeah chord memory.
It's not the poor man's ESQ1. Unless you're getting it cheap and love PSG-sounding things I wouldn't bother. The microkorg is Cool And Good in comparison.

Still, I love my Poly :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sjoewe
Nov 30, 2008
Found this on Facebook.

The_joy_of_touring_with_modular.jpg

:v: