Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

0dB
Jan 3, 2009

Graceful Flop posted:

Moog is making the Minimoog Model D again.

$3.75K pricetag, limited production.

I've never owned a hardware synth before, but I enjoy experimenting with VSTs - would it be better to try and scrap together the money for a :stwoon:-inducing piece of kit like this or the Virus, or should I look around for a budget model and learn its ins and outs to get an idea of the differences between hardware and softsynths before making a massive investment? Either way I'm not putting down money on anything until I can afford it and I'm better at getting the sounds I want out of my softsynths.

Virus is boring and overpriced, very disappointed. If you want a MOOG why not get a 2nd hand Voyager - cheaper, more features?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU