Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Is there a good link for the news?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Expected a link to page one of this thread, very disappointed

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Thorpe posted:

Anyone have any good reads for a beginner synth dude? I really could use a guide on exactly what each section of this thing is doing to the sound.

I like the How to Make a Noise e-books, they're really cheap and pretty good for beginners.

http://smile.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&field-keywords=how%20to%20make%20a%20noise&index=blended

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

algebra testes posted:

Has Bitwig grown beyond Ableton but with more bugs?

gently caress if I know, they decided to charge for half the updates they said were coming in patches and so I stopped paying attention to it

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

MrSargent posted:

Well, interestingly enough, after posting about my MIDI controller woes, I got a daily offer in my email from Musician's Friend for an Alesis VX49 Keyboard Controller. The normal price is 399, but the offer has it at 149.99 which is a pretty great price for a 49 key midi controller.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid?source=3GOA5A9A

Has anyone used an Alesis keyboard before and is there anything glaringly bad about it? I have also been looking at the Komplete Kontrol S49, but that thing is 599 and not on sale.

The key action and button/knob quality won't be as nice as the S49, but IIRC it's not really worse than anything else you can get for 150 bucks, and it's really up to you if feel is worth 450 bucks.

If you don't have a keyboard I don't think you're going to do a lot better for $150.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Lichtenstein posted:

Speaking of the Brute family, what was wrong with DrumBrute that nobody really liked it?

It's been a while since I've heard anyone talk about it, but from what I remember it was that a lot of the included sounds were really narrowly applicable, if that makes sense. They would only sound good in certain kinds of tracks. I think it was missing some basic features too, but I could be misremembering.

For the price I'd probably get a TR-8 but I don't really care about ~analog~

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

If that Minibrute 2S gets good reviews I think I'm gonna get it, since I already have a nice keyboard to plug into it. That sequencer looks really good.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Mr. Glass posted:

FWIW, this looks like a nutube underneath a vacuum tube-shaped bubble, not a "real" vacuum tube like they had in the old electribes.

That would match the nubass name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Cheese Thief posted:

I want to take piano lessons. Any advice?

Mask up