Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

If you do get a 2500 Behringer clone I'd be interested in hearing your experience with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I barely use my Wogglebug. Am I not random enough?

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Arms_Akimbo posted:

I listened to yesterday's Benn Jordan stream and they kind of touched on it, wondering out loud why, to use our example, behringer couldn't sell the Abacus to MN for basically $99 a pop, MN continues to sell it at their price and shift from assembly to basically drop shipping the units. "Everybody" wins (except the consumer who never sees a $99 maths clone) and nobody looks like an rear end in a top hat. Thought it was an interesting take but I have to imagine at least one side had explored that option

Maybe the math just didn't work for either side

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

https://twitter.com/IlhanMN/status/1690360084633722883?t=JCyM0Wjg7qJsomI-aFkrjQ&s=19

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

GladRagKraken posted:

Hello beloved synth thread! I picked up a microfreak on your recommendation and I've been having a blast. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction! I've been hooking up weird patches and making sounds that could generously be described as a melodies and replicating the synth sections of old skinny puppy tracks. Would someone please do me a favor and talk me out of picking up a used octotrack mk 1 to serve as a sampler/drum-machine/mixer?

Are you ok dealing with samples?

At least in my experience the octatrack was a tough one to wrap my head around compared to all the other elektron great I'd used.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I've bought stands for synths at KV Gear a few times and liked them.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Hell yeah Benn

E: i agree that counterfeit is a spicy word, legally

net work error fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Oct 10, 2023

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

The few times I see Roland or Korg post about workstations on social media it's an in stage shot from some touring musician at some giant venue

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Moooooooooooooooooooooog

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

In rack I've used both Rene v1 and Metropolix and kept the Metropolix. It's only 2 lanes but you can use mutes creatively to have distinct sequences and it can be a little menu divey but the important things are accessible very quickly. It feels Elektron like in that regard.

Rene was ok but I never clicked with it as much, probably because I have too much time using step sequencers that stepping out of that was a struggle.

Another vote for the 0-ctrl as well. It's fantastic and often think about just using that all the time instead of the metropolix because I love how hands on it is.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WndAYrXRYM

Let's see if it actually gets made or not

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

The upgrade option that Polyend is doing with the new hardware is pretty neat though imo and it would be cool if more people do it.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Count me as a versio fan as well. I like using the Imitor Versio firmware.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Anyone given up on eurorack? I feel like I haven't had fun with my case in some time and I'm thinking maybe I'm just too dumb for it and prefer using an Elektron or something.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I appreciate the trend of having modules be platforms for different firmware. I was able to flash my Bastl Basil to the Pizza firmware and Versio to Desmodus Versio and it provided a nice bit of novelty to get me patching again. For now

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Great energy from the presenter

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Anyone used both an 0-ctrl and a pressure points? I've always kind of wanted to get a pressure points but didn't know if it was worth it if you already gave an 0-ctrl

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

watho posted:

help i've fallen back into the trap of looking up the used prices of vintage rackmount synths and romplers again. i've caught myself thinking "oh that's cheaper than i thought". i don't think i have much time left

Did you watch the Red Means Recording video on ROMplers too? I enjoyed it

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I don't record anything out of shame

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Only reason I can see those be so expensive is because Bad Gear uses it? It's not worth that much

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

The tb-03 is a cooler little box :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I have a 6U 104HP Doepfer case and I use this bag which is actually for stage lights but it works well.
https://gatorco.com/product/lighting-tote-bag-g-lightbag-2212/

The top opens up really wide and there's lots of space in there to leave everything patched and can also toss in some additional cables/contollers.