Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.

petit choux posted:

Uninstalling the drivers, this baby is gonna work for petees sake

Wait, not sure what I did right this time but it may be working. Sorry for all the chatter.

drat, Im having a similar issue with my Wavestate. Windows can "see" it but it isnt talking to the Library app, its super annoying. Like how else am I going to load this baby up with sweet clangy metal noises otherwise?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Oh shiiit I just found the instructions... Sweetwater to the rescue.
Heres the instructions.
Wavestate is updating as we speak.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.

B33rChiller posted:

Is this how you do drum and bass? I don't know genres at all. It has drums and bass in it, I guess ?

It sounds pretty good, sort of like the Tron stuff Daft Punk did.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Sooo I live in Seattle and I made the mistake of looking at Patchwerk's website, now I know where most of my money is going to end up going. Soooo many synths.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Im sure you all have heard of this mad bastard, but he went and built a diy synth out of those old music mags...
Look Mum No Computer
Pro follow for sure.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
His Furby synth is always going to be my favorite build of his, its so good and weird.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Man I love my Wavestate, its so fun to gently caress aroubd with. I was gonna add it to an existing song Im working on, but the noise from my CPU is really bad. Im thinking I may just get a portastudio to use as an external recorder, also it would serve as a mixer too.
Ahhh studio setup whack-a-mole, my favorite game!

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Ill try that, see if it fixes things.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.

Laserjet 4P posted:

what did your setup look like in the first place

do you have an audio interface

I currently have a pc for my DAW and whatnot, a Behringer Xenyx mixing board, Nektar Impact midi controller, and Korg Wavestate. I did run the control room outs from the mixer into my pc and I have the line noise mostly minimized, cant afford an external audio interface right at the moment but thats my next purchase.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Its a golden age of bleepy video game style music, dont listen to the haters.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Its digital, it has a pretty nice interface for it.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
That Cyclone TT-303 looks really neat, anyone have one?
Just wondering if its worth getting.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Tell me Mackie isnt run by shitlords.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Im *suuuuuper* loving the "Iceland Piano" thing on my Wavestate, its really fun to noodle around with and I sound way more competant than I am lol.
The straight up piano with slight echo setting is hecking nice to mess around with also, both are going into the alien abduction song Im hacking away at currently.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
I just grabbed an Arturia Microfreak, its incredibly fun to noodle with and seems like it will fit my style very well.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
My cousin does audio for rap music peeps and loves Ableton, Im more of a Reason and Audacity person myself.
Ive used softsynths for about 20 years, but its still really good to compose on my Korg Wavestate. Its just so much fun to play around with.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Wow I just checked the upgrade cost from Ableton 10 to 11 and its somehow more expensive than Reason upgrades, wooooooof that sucks. I wish I used FL Studio more, free upgrades for life is pretty awesome.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
I use Reason+, its really nice to just have all the fun toys. Im looking at moving to Cubase eventually if I manage to get my music career moving in a more productive direction, which seems to be happening.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.

B33rChiller posted:

Comedy option is just get a microfreak. It has midi out and a unique (gestures wildly at every possible other thing you could say about a synth). No banana jack though.
I like my Microfreak, whats wrong with it?

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Reason is aimed mainly at hardware people, its why I got it in the first place. It feels a bit more beginner friendly, you just plop things ibto the rack and they autoroute. FL Studio is pretty good too, but its workflow takes some getting used to since its not like any other DAW Ive used.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Oh yeah fair, I like my Nektar Impact controller a lot and its a fun game to see what Reasob responds to when I twist knobs.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.

It looks deceptively simple, but hot dang I can tell it do fun things.
https://reverb.com/p/octave-cat
Wooooo boy not the worst price I've seen for a vintage synth.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.

giogadi posted:

I've been building my own homebrew software synthesizer in order to support a music game I'm working on. The idea of this game is to give players the feeling of improvising on a music instrument without needing any musical training. My synth is generating all the sounds at runtime (except for the percussion samples). It's still a very early prototype, but if you're curious you can check it out at itch: https://giogadi.itch.io/audial

Have you heard of FRACT OSC?
https://store.steampowered.com/app/243220/FRACT_OSC/

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Yeah that beast has to clock in above $25000, holy poo poo it looks cool.
Anyone have experience with Modal's gear? I want to eventually add like a Cobalt 61 key synth to my rig.-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
drat thats rad.