Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Crossposting from my Swedish forum, the guy was all "you guys and your massive halls of synths and racks"

:3::3::3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Decided I was done running tests on the Casio DM100 and it sold nearly the moment I put up the sales post on a forum. I sampled 606, 808, 909, KR55, DMX, Linn and more through it beforehand because it would be bad to not, will share if so desired sometime. (no problem getting the raw wavs out of the files)

Question is, are there any VSTs trying to emulate the Casio SK/DM100 sampling circuit path? The effect cannot be replicated in hardware or software (by ordinary means), it's 8bit 9.35kHz mono if anybody wants to try. Adjusting samples on digital hardware it just becomes bitcrunch horror, in software it either becomes that or sterile garbage. I would get into 5U or Eurocrack if a replica SK/DM100 sampler throughput filter module was made.

If the Roland sampler-emulator box for NAMM 2016 turns out to be true that'll be as good as it gets, if it does it right.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Dec 18, 2015

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

The J and the K are missing from the Variation list. J and K together makes shorthand for Just Kidding.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

A glowing French review of the Minilogue with samples and photos http://fr.audiofanzine.com/synthe-analogique/korg/minilogue/editorial/tests/tous-analo.html
Also a good nude of it so you can see that each voice has its own separate "card" space of circuitry. Monotimbral and lacking pedal input are amongst its very few negative points but it's overflowing with positives.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

This is my fave NAMM year in like at least five years, because I just caught the Arturia MatrixBrute http://audionewsroom.net/2016/01/arturia-matrixbrute-analog-synthesizer-modular-without-the-patching.html

e: Waldorf Kn37 with the FATAR TP9, oh poo poo at that too

e: KORG VOLCA FM OH MY poo poo

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jan 21, 2016

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Fuckit deserves a new post

\o/

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

W424 posted:

Those wooden sides look fake af, pass.
It's some woodgrain wrap, or they spent an mad lot of time and money on them.

So Math posted:

And again my breath is taken away. Anything else up your sleeve, MrLonghair?
Got a few Swedes on the field on another forum, gonna drop whatever drops my jaw next. (Matrixbrute expected $1800 btw)

e: AKAI coming with MPC Touch (kinda impressive, wanna try it), another MPC Studio that looks remarkably thin with an oversized knob, don't wanna bash those pads, and recordplayers BT100 and BT500 sticking to the modern technology trends ie premium as hell pricing. Thanks hipsters.
e: official MatrixBrute subsite https://www.arturia.com/matrixbrute/overview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfLTlbGwXD0

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jan 21, 2016

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Montage comes 15 kilograms for the 61er, near 30 for the 88. Got the question of how programmable the Korg Volca FM sent out to my people, it'd be a miracle if it took dx7 sysex over midi.

e: "Can you touch the matrixbrute for me?"
"k"
:3:

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jan 21, 2016

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Startyde posted:

:10bux: says the korg will eat DX sysex but the SY100montage won't.

Just had it confirmed from the show floor. Korg Volca FM will be 6op 3voice DX7 in a little box. Holy poo poo.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

DID SOMEONE SAY FM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g5CoRxcnpI (direct line audio)

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

This is the most insane NAMM year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcRAkrkYrKA

$199 €149

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Intelligent auto-portamento? All for it.

My idea of the ultimate midi controller has a set of keys and a set of strings to be played with bow, pick or fingers, triggering the notes.