Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Firaga
Jan 4, 2005
WHAT YOU SAY
So my friend owns a Microbrute and I have a TR-8, we are starting to make some pretty cool beeps and boops but we want to build toward a setup we can use without a computer. So I assume that next we need some sort of sampler/loop device, and an outboard mixer?

So far we have just been recording into Ableton so we don't really know where to go from here and some advice would be great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firaga
Jan 4, 2005
WHAT YOU SAY
I guess I'm just confused with how we are supposed to play a full track without saving a 16 bar loop then building a new patch etc. I guess we just need more synths and just sync them together. Still trying to understand how all of this works exactly.

Firaga
Jan 4, 2005
WHAT YOU SAY
Thanks for the info guys, I need to look into all of these things now. Maybe I'll just open a line of credit and take out a mortgage for a euro rack.

Firaga
Jan 4, 2005
WHAT YOU SAY

The Cleaner posted:

After your done playing with those toys, you should check out this one company called Buchla.

those things look like they are for people who spend a week making one really annoying sound.

Firaga
Jan 4, 2005
WHAT YOU SAY
So couple of pages back I posted saying something about my friend and I jamming on our TR8 and Microbrute.
Fast forward to today, my friend purchased a Zoom G3 and the Volca series and we are already scouting out a JX-3P on ebay. I'm kind of scared I am going to find him homeless clutching his synthesizers. I should note that we've been doing this for about a month or so.
Anyway I'm blaming you guys because I mostly put these ideas in his head and I didn't make them up out of thin air!!!!!

Firaga
Jan 4, 2005
WHAT YOU SAY

minidracula posted:

It's you, you are the synth pusher.

Robot fart pusher

Firaga
Jan 4, 2005
WHAT YOU SAY
I know it's not a hard synth but I'm going to buy a 49 key midi controller by the end of the month and I need help deciding between the Akai MPK49 and the M-Audio Axiom 49. I can find both basically new on Kijiji for $200. The Akai is the older model. Any suggestions or experience with either?

Firaga
Jan 4, 2005
WHAT YOU SAY

A MIRACLE posted:

See if you can find one of these bad boys: http://www.roland.com/products/en/PCR-500/

Cool I'll keep an eye out for this although I have a feeling I won't be able to find it here.

W424 posted:

Piece of poo poo with horrible pads, something weird with the keys and knobs/faders can start sending garbage data (that you can't disable)

Awesome! Seems like most people are telling me Axiom anyway.

Firaga
Jan 4, 2005
WHAT YOU SAY
What about Novation? I mean I'm not expecting this thing to last me a decade of heavy use but the thread title is making a lot more sense now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firaga
Jan 4, 2005
WHAT YOU SAY
My friend's Boomstar was finally delivered after 4 months while we were working on new music so you can imagine how awesome that was. Except it wouldn't turn on :doh: