Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Gorewar posted:

My TD-3 came in this week :woop: maybe we should have some acid-inspired boner jamz when more people get theirs?

I saw that some places won't be shipping until March? Wtf man I want it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXTBUaazrV4

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Yeah it's kinda expensive, $450

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

echinopsis posted:

Only just discovered this thread. Got a Bass Station II recently and a Novation Circuit this week. Looking forward to getting some MIDI cables today and plugging them into each other tonight. poo poo I am having a lot of fun :D

Hell yeah! My circuit gets here tomorrow, first hardware synth and I was strongly considering the bs2 as well. Decided to hold off on the off chance that behringer releases a cheap polysynth at NAMM :pray:

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkhP3j6vPXo

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

drat bummed nobody announced a new affordable polysynth at namm

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

ColdPie posted:

New Behringer 2600 demo is up. I have to see if I can make some of those sounds on my Peak.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8cpfNBnO-A

Any rumors on price?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Also really want to hear someone hook that up to a spring reverb

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

toadee posted:

The ARP2600 has a Spring Reverb in it, if its a 100% clone

The barp is digital spring reverb

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

I can build a guillotine for less than the cost of one of those lovely t shirts

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

An $80 cotton t shirt is dumb as gently caress unless the proceeds are going entirely to me

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

someone let me borrow a peak or hydrasynth I'll give it back when I catch covid thanks

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

How much do you need to get a dece modular setup going? Does a hydrasynth just make more sense for a similar Thing if budget is a concern?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

A MIRACLE posted:

depends what you want to do... if you want a big poly sound then just get the hydra imo, it will be a hundred times more economical

Less money is best right now, kind of just looking to make some bleep bloops and whatnot. I'm bad at making songs so I just want to gently caress around, basically. I was kinda eyeing semi modular like the 0-coast.

I currently have a novation circuits fwiw

The hydrasynth is more than I want to spend, but it kinda seems like you need to spend ay least that much in modular to get anywhere near the creative depth?

Google Butt fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jul 21, 2020

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

A MIRACLE posted:

have you used the online editor for the circuit yet? it gives you live param access to tweak your own patches there

Yeah I have, but I don't find it that enjoyable to use, you know what I mean?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Can I use my circuit to sequence the 0-coast?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Also if I'm dece at soldering, how much can be saved by building kits?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

0 coast has midi in (even 2 channels if I remember right), so I guess yes. Just need a midi to jack adapter but I think it comes with it.

To reply to your previous question about modular, 0 coast is a great entry point.

It feels modular enough for you to decide if you want to go that route, but it's also an excellent desktop synth in itself if you realize modular is not for you.

Yeah it seems like fun either way. Out of stock everywhere, unfortunately.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

I definitely identify with that, I can't play keys either.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Thoughts on the neutron or microbrute 2s as a step into modular and second synth to my circuit over the 0-coast?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Thoughts on the lil erebus? It sounds pretty fuckin dope and the price is right

Google Butt fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jul 22, 2020

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

nooooo why did I watch this no!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io5V1LT34qI

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

I was really down on how the neutron's filter sounded and then I found that you can patch around it? Ended up ordering it and a key step last night. I also saw people talking about passive modules to add which seems really cool, any suggestions for those?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

So Math posted:

Check out Mystic Circuit's 0HP modules that just hang off your patch cables. Pre-made and kits available.

https://www.mysticcircuits.com/products

Woah those are dope

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

There's absolutely no need for passive mults now that these things exist from various brands, cheaper than stackables and modules, and no wasted HP:

https://www.thonk.co.uk/shop/befaco-multiple/

Picked one up!

Also, I assume I need a mixer now, with my circuit/neutron/keystep? What's the cheapest one worth buying?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Ok Comboomer posted:

Do you need an interface too? Don’t get one without USB- at least master stereo, but if you can spend $100-$200 more you can get multitrack out.

Did some research last night and picked up a behringer q802usb, and I also have an Asus essence stx ii pcie card in my desktop.

Figured I'd go with a cheap USB mixer because I would like the option of jamming live DAWless out in the livingroom, or mess around with something like the Valhalla reverb on my laptop, I don't really need multi track recording

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

God damnit my neutron and keystep got delayed in shipping. Strongly considering trying to get a price match (proaudiostar has then for the same price but with a %15 off coupon) and doing curbside pickup at guitarcenter tomorrow

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

keystep does seem like a good choice because it's a great utility if you decide to add an analog synth like the neutron or whatever later

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Scholtz posted:

Yeah, I think what I'll do is try to pick up this local one, and if that falls through I'll look into getting a Keystep, especially if that has some later utility with analog synths.

Yeah, it seems really tough to beat the value of a used keystep and used neutron (if you like the sound)

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Ableton audio routing question: I'd like to use the Valhalla reverb with my Neutron and keystep, but I can't figure out how to properly route the audio with my Behringer q802usb, any suggestions?

Google Butt fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jul 26, 2020

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

I got it figured out, had to download asio4all

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Laserjet 4P posted:

so, how is your microtonal album coming along

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Having so much fun with my neutron, keystep sequencing and Valhalla vsts in Ableton. If anyone loving sucks at music and doesn't know how to play keys, I highly suggest this combo to scratch the itch. I've been copying some patches and then doing my best to deconstruct them or use them as a starting point, good times.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

I'm trying to get my circuit (for drums and stuff) connected to my Keystep and Neutron, what would be the best way to route everything for live synced jamming? I would also like to apply Ableton effects to the Neutron.

I currently have the Keystep midi out going to the Neutron midi in, audio out from Neutron to my USB mixer going into Ableton as an external instrument. Keystep/Neutron/Circuit all connected via USB to my PC as well. I figure the Circuit should be the brains of the operation, but I'm not quite sure where I should be syncing from and all of that,

Google Butt fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Aug 3, 2020

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

hello i finally got my neutron/circuit/keystep/Ableton synced and audio routed properly, downloaded red means recordings circuit packs, made some drum beats and now I am having fun jamming and like routing the lfo into itself and poo poo dude it's fun!!!

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

I'm so bad at drums dude. Are there some good resources for patterns and learning how to sequence drums? I'm using a circuit.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

https://www.gearnews.com/behringer-gets-into-wavetables-and-reveals-their-ppg-wave-prototype/

Behringer ppg lol

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

So I'm having a blast with my neutron, and I'm kinda thinking about what to do next. Would a single disting mk4 add a ton of depth to the neutron by itself, or am I off base here? To keep costs down I'm thinking about picking up one of those cheap power supply kits for the single module, rather than dropping the $200 on a rack for my neutron right now

Google Butt fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Aug 17, 2020

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

You can also get a used keystep for cheap af

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

that price