Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

A Winner is Jew posted:

If you want a fully featured delay pedal with lots of CV control I look into the Koma BD101 since it's 1/2 the price and has most of the same features along with a few other ones. Or if you're stuck on Moog get the MF Delay which has 1 CV input and 1/4 of the price.

Sick, I will look into these options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
He's hugging himself lol

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Gaia is bad and built like it's made from Lego brick rejects.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Arturia micro or minibrute or bass station II

OR ALL THREE :getin:

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Balls deep and get a moog voyager. Obviously

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Christ you guys don't use Dropbox to move poo poo onto your iOS devices? I have an iPad and an iPhone for the last 3 years and never used iTunes once.

Dropbox and VLC streamer are all you need.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

java posted:

After having a microbrute for maybe all of 6 months, I've decided that what I really need is an MS-20. This is how it begins isn't it? This is the start of my impeding slide into further poverty and sleeping in a nest of patch cables.

I'd love the ms 20 a lot more if it used volt/octave instead of whatever poo poo it does, hz/octave??

I wanna interface with my poo poo man.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I cured my gas with the moog37. Haven't given a poo poo about anything else, thinking I might sell all my other synths and ensoniq dp4, eventually get a moogerfooger, make scary space sounds all day long.

I really like loving around with Samplr on iOS though, it's so intuitive and neat. God drat I love that thing.

Edit: I guess I got an iPad too and that's like a million synths lol ._.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Speaking of the man anyone want my moog sub 37 for 1200 bucks

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
It's extremely loving rad

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Transistor Rhythm posted:

I'm interested. Why on earth are you selling it?

I don't use it enough and feel too stupid to really make use of its routing / limitations.

I have more fun loving around with SAMPLR on my iPad just because it isn't the same God drat interface all over again and again?

Having my iPad for the last year certainly hasn't made me produce any more music than before but it has certainly made me give a whole lot less of a poo poo about analog vs digital. The grossest thing is realizing that I would probably be happier overall with a workhorse workstation synth over a specialized one. I originally thought I would branch out and use all these different pieces of gear but seriously I just want a 4-5 multi timbre keyboard with a sequencer and poo poo built in cause I'm old or something.

Which means I'll prob end up with a virus one day. Lol.

It's a great synth though. I'd probably keep it if I didn't owe money on it. Not that I owe a lot or have interest built up or anything...

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Play the minibrute and go "oh my god this is awesome" then think "but I wish it had a sequencer or patch bay. Also polyphony!" sell for a Roland Gaia and ensoniq esq1. Be really put off by the gaias plastic front panel and lack of value notification when switching between the three internal synths. Be amazed by the crude and evil power lurking inside the ensoniq, especially with its multi part keyboard.

Never quite wrap your head around the ensoniqs envelopes since they're 8-fold instead of 4-fold and the fact the patches don't update until you strike a new key just keeps you that much further from godliness. Keep it anyway because it's loving art.

Sell Gaia and get blofeld. Surely this will be the one. It has graphical waveforms and who cares if it's OS is notoriously buggy and unable to sync to external midi to save its life. Despite having a better understanding of synthesis, the FM rabbit hole has sucked you dry. Sell blofeld for your true love: a microbrute

It's a minibrute with a 5th octave sub, sequencer, and mini patch bay. Get ensoniq dp4 effect unit and be amazed at what some crappy delay can do to any synth. Idc if it's a crutch.

Finally give in after ignoring your synths forever and buy a mini moog sub 37. GAS cured. It isn't the gear, it's me. Definitely.
Maybe.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
My lovely rear end town can't respect a moog sub 37 for like 360 dollars off. gently caress this poo poo hole.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Time to scalp EBAY. Where dreams go to die in postage.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Honestly it's cause I'm a gay baby but the only thing that drives me crazy about the ensoniq esq1 is that you have to re trigger / replay a note to see your patch changes go into affect

I loving want instant satisfaction.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Then again all I ever managed was this

https://soundcloud.com/ziasquinn/dark-esq1-experiment

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Sizone posted:

It's like that for every synth, you dead gay baby. Think about it, you gently caress with the attack setting on an envelope, you ain't gonna hear a difference until you trigger a new note.

Oh yeh but I'm talking about like RESONANCE

Or waveform type

Or really anything but envelopes

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

JamesKPolk posted:

Ah, okay, yeah I was completely talking past you. I thought Dead Gay Baby was complaining about not hearing any response from tweaking stuff til he re-triggered (not essential, but you can get some cool sampled sounds with it and it feels nice dialing in a patch), not worrying about how accurate it would sound.

renderful posted:

The ESQ-1's lack of real time parameters editing is annoying and definitely not the way any of my other synths work.

Other synths, I can send realtime MIDI data(or use the menu/knobs) to change the osc waveforms, osc pitch and filters, and hear realtime feedback on a single note/drone. On the ESQ-1, you have to retrigger the note to hear a change. You can get realtime feedback with the filter on the ESQ-1, if you map it to the MOD-wheel, however. Sadly they don't allow you to map all of the parameters to the modulation wheel. I believe that their split/voice stealing implementation is what causes this.

It was this!! Yes. I am whiny.

Also. NO one wants my Moog Sub37.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Is the big selling point on bitwig just the isolated plugins and environment?

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
My sub 37 is gone and now I have a gaping hole to fill it. I have a MacBook Pro. I should get that indestructible controller and rock out with bitwig.

That's what I think :hb:

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Yeah but you will real soon unless you got renters insurance :captainpop:

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Go on

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
my nigga have you tried LSD

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
:treemike: gonna need a toxx on that

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Communism now

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Startyde posted:

Waldorf Waldorf Waldorf :sbahj:

loving beautiful

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
legendary

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I only watched like five seconds of it earlier and now that I've finished it, it did not disappoint

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
if you were an idiot and wanted to get one (!!! lmao yeah right) hardware synth that was a general purpose workhorse (not a speciality beast) what would you recommend?

i was looking at used viruses but they were super popular like 6 years ago and i haven’t been keeping up with releases at all really

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

magiccarpet posted:

I've had a Virus TI2 for a few years and its still my hardware go-to. I can't think of a synth with a better hands on feel, and Access continues to release OS updates.

Everybody is probably dropping theirs now for the Waldorf Kyra, so you can either steal a used Virus or get in early on that Kyra - it seems created to be super future proof.

so from my scant research the biggest difference between ti and ti2 is power? and obviously desktops don’t have keyboards attached. but is the virus keyboard worth the premium

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Mister Speaker posted:

Yeah, the TI2 just has more DSP available. It's worth it, IMO, as if you're anything like me, you will find yourself wanting more all the time. Access has some handy tips in tutorial videos about strategies to minimize voice usage, but lol you're definitely not going to care and instead opt for the 8-voice unison, detuned double hypersaws with the chorus and the analog filter because it just sounds so good.

As for the keybed, it's a standard Fatar IIRC, so it's quite nice but a lot of hardware synths have the same thing. If you're more the type like me who only uses a keyboard to noodle out a melody and then just write it in the piano roll, save the real estate and get the Desktop

To give you an idea of how much I love the Virus, I've sold mine twice (first had the Keyboard then the Desktop) and bought it back again each time. [snip]

I splurged and got the TI2 desktop cause i knew i’d be like ugh i want /more/. now i’m trying to shop for a stupid keyboard