Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.48
May 1, 2007
First of all, thank you for the wonderfully interesting and informative thread Hieronymous Alloy!

I haven't read any of the Arthurian legends, except for some of the modern historical-fiction treatments like Jack Whyte's Dream of Eagles series. Although to be totally honest I enjoyed the earlier pre-Arthur books in the series the most because they dealt with the initial post-Roman situation in Britain as opposed to trying to cram the legends into a historical setting. Do you have any thoughts on that series and are there any other historical-fiction novels of that time period you could recommend?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.48
May 1, 2007
So thanks to this thread I started re-reading Jack Whyte's Dream of Eagles Arthurian series, and was surprised at how homophobic it seems many years after I first read the books as a teenager. The author really has some issues with gay people :(

• Locked thread