Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

teraflame posted:

I'm surprised reading early posts in this thread that there is still a stigma with ping pong. Like have they even seen pro table tennis? The play is absolutely amazing.

I wouldn't say I'm good, but I play enough ping pong to really appreciate the accuracy of the animation. I see an attack and anticipate some response, and then the other player goes and does it. Even if it's a really choppy bit in the middle of a montage, it's always spot on.
That thing where Peco rubbers the back side of his Japanese-style pengrip paddle -- that definitely is unusual like they say -- the handle shape makes it harder to twist into position for a reverse pengrip backhand. That's one of my favorite shots to throw off my opponent, too, so it was cool to see it come up.

This all really makes me wanna order a custom built paddle with a carbon blade this time. One side of my current paddle is this sick spin-canceling Butterfly rubber, but the whole paddle is way too heavy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

UP AND ADAM posted:

I don't know anything about ping pong, but from what I have learned, I hope you resolve the deep-seated issue that grips your life before you finish high school.

I only look like I'm in high school, in that I'm 30.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Remind yall of anything?:
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=11280475&ex_cid=sportscenter

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

But it takes away from some of that simple charm, doesn't it?

• Locked thread