Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

That was one hell of a compelling episode and a great way to start the series. Im so loving pumped to be watching a cartoon about ping pong :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I wouldnt even say this was a peco centric episode and more like a "everyone but smile" episode.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

This show has done a spectacular job of flipping everyones characterization. Weird world where the non confrontational guy is the biggest douche right now and just about everyone else seems to be more down to earth and chilling

Also I want to see a match between old teacher guy and old ping pong studio owner.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

So it was true to that part of the manga.

Autonomous Monster posted:

Oh man. They couldn't have let Kong have even one game in the match? The guy deserves better than that. :(

His existence is to constantly be jobbed. Its uncanny how accurate his first speech was.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 23:46 on May 29, 2014

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

e-Quote not edit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I cant believe the thing I've just watched. Its there, right in front of me, but I still cant believe it exists.

This show has left me dumbstruck with how good a lot of the scenes are, but the payoff for this episode, its end, is something else. I've never seen an anime as well directed and executed as this.

• Locked thread