Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

Edward IV posted:

Makes me wish China or Taiwan has more easily accessible media with good story telling and style here in the US. I'm very afraid that my Chinese fluency will eventually become the same as my fluency in Japanese which has derived exclusively through anime.

You hating on Honk Kong movies and other kung fu stuff? That stuff is pretty available, maybe not as much as anime but still. I don't know poo poo about Taiwan movies except for A City of Sadness so maybe you have a point there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

coathat posted:

If you like this show go out and read everything Taiyou Matsumoto has made. All of his manga are great.

Also tekkonkinkreet got a movie adaptation, watch that too

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Is it just me, or does Peco remind anyone else of a less malicious Ozu? He's kinda similar in appearance, voice, and cockiness. The main difference is that Peco is a good friend.

Ozu is a good friend too.

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

He has eyes like a youkai, though.

So does Watashi.

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm bein' a doof, jeez.

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

I'm ready to pong

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

I want ping pong ding dongs.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

Peco's mom looking exactly like him was the best part of the episode and the engrish was great as always.

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

Kong is my animated drawing to replace women.

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

Try funimation's site.

• Locked thread