Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Still waiting for them to announce the promotional tie-in crossover with Kill la Kill
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOt0tW26hRY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

No one hit the ball so hard that technicolor sunbeams erupted from their shot in the first episode, but the last few minutes were hella intense regardless

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

tonberrytoby posted:

So can somebody explain to me what a Chopper is? Smile seems to be one, or maybe not, and I have no idea what that even means.

You hit the ball with a vertical chopping motion which is usually a defensive position

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Waffleman_ posted:

He has eyes like a youkai, though.

Only in Watashi's delusions. He looks normal in the last scene.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

So is Peco the actual main character? Because someone here let slip at a hint at that, and there seem to be a few more scenes focusing on him this episode than the past Smile centric ones.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Wow, everyone is just falling apart over Smile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

ViggyNash posted:

The point of that was he was at least making an effort to learn since up until then he hasn't spoken a word of Japanese, joke or not.

Well the newest episode just showed that he was definitely making an effort to learn the language. I like the detail with his broken grammar and still sort of distinctly Chinese sounding intonation.

drat, that was a roller coaster of an episode. The beginning part was depressingly low (at least Kong seemed to be doing okay :unsmith:), but the second half really brought the mood back up.

• Locked thread