Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BHB
Aug 28, 2011
Not gonna lie, had a big old shiteating grin on my face when the full version of the hero's music kicked in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BHB
Aug 28, 2011

kimbo305 posted:

I wouldn't say I'm good, but I play enough ping pong to really appreciate the accuracy of the animation. I see an attack and anticipate some response, and then the other player goes and does it. Even if it's a really choppy bit in the middle of a montage, it's always spot on.
That thing where Peco rubbers the back side of his Japanese-style pengrip paddle -- that definitely is unusual like they say -- the handle shape makes it harder to twist into position for a reverse pengrip backhand. That's one of my favorite shots to throw off my opponent, too, so it was cool to see it come up.

This all really makes me wanna order a custom built paddle with a carbon blade this time. One side of my current paddle is this sick spin-canceling Butterfly rubber, but the whole paddle is way too heavy.

I only know a little about high level ping pong play, but I really like how it actually went out of its way to show peco switching up attack styles in this last episode.

BHB
Aug 28, 2011

Beef Waifu posted:

Ping Pong is good.

BHB
Aug 28, 2011

Millions posted:

This is seriously the best anime I've ever watched, and the ending to episode 9 gave me shivers.

Hīrō kenzan
Hīrō kenzan!
Hīrō kenzan!

I want to get a hero Peco avatar but I'm not sure which scene...

Watch the next episode and take my old Big Kazama av.

BHB
Aug 28, 2011

Beef Waifu posted:

I am so hype.

• Locked thread