Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

Crazy Ted posted:

It's exactly why the league is adding a team in Los Angeles, and possibly San Diego. The USSF told them, "Guess what? Next year you have to have a team in the Pacific." To me it's no coincidence when you see that and then understand that there was no talk of an L.A. team just a few months ago. San Diego, yes, but that was as much wishful thinking as anything else since Eric Wynalda is from the area and area and people figured he'd work to put a team there. The league's even willing to let them do the "debut in Fall Season" thing.

I picture someone in the USL offices twirling his moustache and saying "curse you NASL; you win this round, but I'll get you yet!" then kicking the cat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
NASL is happy to announce the Honolulu Pineapples expansion team which will begin play in the 2016 season.

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

Proposition Joe posted:

NASL is happy to announce the Honolulu Pineapples expansion team which will begin play in the 2016 season.

Team Hawaii!

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Not surprising, but Sacramento realized that their new stadium is way too small for their fanbase, so after less than six months in it they've received approval to expand from a capacity of 8,000 to 11,500.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

NASL Spring Schedule was released today. Ten games - they made it the shorter of the two again :barf:

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

Rowdies Sign Venezuelan International Juan Guerra

http://www.rowdiessoccer.com/news/detail/uuid/97kr8uq9z8mi192c9cvsmhly0/rowdies-sign-venezuelan-midfielder-juan-guerra#.VJTBnAUQ

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
USL Pro is going to be divided into Conferences for 2015.

Eastern Conference:
Charleston Battery
Charlotte Independence
Harrisburg City Islanders
Louisville City FC
FC Montreal
Pittsburgh Riverhounds
Richmond Kickers
Rochester Rhinos
Saint Louis FC
Wilmington Hammerheads
TBA RBNY affiliate
TBA Toronto affiliate

Western Conference:
Arizona United SC
Austin Aztex
Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
Los Angeles Galaxy II
Oklahoma City Energy FC
Orange County Blues FC
Portland Timbers 2
Real Monarchs SLC
Sacramento Republic FC
Seattle Sounders FC 2
Tulsa Roughnecks FC
Whitecaps FC 2

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

Rowdies signed Darnell King from the Ft. Lauderdale Strikers and signed Gale Agbossoumonde to reunite him with Rongren. Pretty positive signings.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

King of False Promises posted:

Rowdies signed Darnell King from the Ft. Lauderdale Strikers and signed Gale Agbossoumonde to reunite him with Rongren. Pretty positive signings.

Gale should be nice and fresh from not playing for the Rapids, should do all right at that level.

Bio-Hazard
Mar 8, 2004
I HATE POLITICS IN SOCCER AS MUCH AS I LOVE RACISM IN SOCCER
An Oklahoma City Energy assistant coach charged with murdering an off-duty police officer in Liverpool.

Bio-Hazard fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Dec 23, 2014

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

quote:

BREAKING: The Rowdies have signed veteran Uruguayan midfielder Martin Nuñez!

Núñez, 27, spent the last two seasons with the Fort Lauderdale Strikers, where he made 35 starts in 40 matches. He scored 11 goals and tallied two assists for Fort Lauderdale.

READ MORE HERE ---> http://tinyurl.com/o9nwgyt

quote:

We're not stopping at three signings this week. Here's a fourth!

BREAKING: The Rowdies have signed exciting prospect Darwin Espinal to his first professional contract!

Espinal, 19, spent the last two seasons at Darton State College, where he scored 52 goals in 35 matches and was twice named a First-Team All-American by the National Junior College Athletics Association.

READ MORE HERE ---> http://tinyurl.com/pvh8clk

Here come the 2015 Tampa Bay Rowdies; formerly the 2014 Ft. Lauderdale Strikers. Plus some kids Thomas Rongen likes.

Busy week for the Rowdies.

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

Do over Ham posted:

Here come the 2015 Tampa Bay Rowdies; formerly the 2014 Ft. Lauderdale Strikers. Plus some kids Thomas Rongen likes.

Busy week for the Rowdies.

We could do a lot worse than signing most of the Strikers' team from last year, honestly.

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

We could do a lot worse than signing most of the Strikers' team from last year, honestly.

Will be interesting to watch who the new Brazilian owners bring in for the Strikers.

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

One more before Christmas:

quote:

Tampa Bay Rowdies

BREAKING: The Rowdies have signed defender Brad Rusin!

Rusin, 28, has played for the Carolina Railhawks, HB Køge, Vancouver Whitecaps FC and Orlando City.

READ MORE HERE ---> http://tinyurl.com/ma34bnt

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

Rowdies sign another ex-Ft. Lauderdale Striker:

quote:

Tampa Bay Rowdies

BREAKING: The Rowdies have signed defender Stefan Antonijevic ahead of the 2015 North American Soccer League (NASL) season!

Antonijevic played the last two seasons, his first two professional seasons, with the Fort Lauderdale Strikers. In two years with the Strikers Antonijevic started 38 of the 39 matches he played in, recording 3,385 minutes in North American Soccer League action.

“Stefan is a proven NASL defender,” commented Rowdies head coach Thomas Rongen. “He is a left-footed center back which is a luxury to be able to find. At 6’6", we expect him to dominate set pieces. And he brings toughness to our revamped defense.”

READ MORE HERE ---> http://tinyurl.com/pade7mb

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Minnesota signed former D2 MVP and New York Red Bull Jonny Steele. That's probably the left side of midfield sewn up then.

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

Rowdies have switched from Admiral to Nike. Here come the templates!

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Indy is sti trying to get a new 18,000 stadium built by 2017. We'll see how attendance does in the upcoming season now that the "New Team" smell has worn off. The team had a great showing in the second half of the year and sold out all their home games so I hope the momentum carries over.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

booooo

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

(Edit to add: this will be the Rowdies new practice field in St. Pete, a few blocks away from Al Lang.)

quote:

As @Vickey_G tweeted earlier...18 signed @FTLStrikers players, and a new coach to be revealed during #welcomeronaldo week.

https://twitter.com/kkfla737/status/553405101784985601

(Edit to add: in other words, the new Ft. Lauderdale Strikers Brazilian owners/Ronaldo are bringing in an entire new team, and new coach, all in one fell swoop.)

Do over Ham fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Jan 12, 2015

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)
My favorite Scorpion Greg Janicki, the only remaining original Scorpion is now signed by Indy :(

Hope y'all enjoy him.

Diplomat
Dec 14, 2009

Shane Hill is officially gone

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

:toot:

Do over Ham posted:

(Edit to add: in other words, the new Ft. Lauderdale Strikers Brazilian owners/Ronaldo are bringing in an entire new team, and new coach, all in one fell swoop.)

quote:

http://voxxi.com/2015/01/ronaldo-nazario-to-announce-big-surprise/

This week, Ronaldo Nazario da Lima will make an appearance in South Florida, after announcing his 20% ownership interest in the Fort Lauderdale Strikers. It comes from his partnership with the club’s new Brazilian owners, who have the Corinthians connection.

But there will a surprise twist at the press conference to be held this Wednesday at 3 PM EST, say insiders. It appears that the former World Cup scoring record holder and three-time FIFA World Player of the Year will announce that he will step back onto the pitch and play for the Strikers.

There's....no emoticon for what I am feeling right now.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
No way

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

Do over Ham posted:

:toot:

:wtc:

Imagine seeing Raul and Ronaldo on the same field playing in the NASL. Holy moly.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Do over Ham posted:

I will finally get to see a ball bounce of someone's stomach fat and into the goal.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

Crazy Ted posted:

I will finally get to see a ball bounce of someone's stomach fat and into the goal.

When did you join a rec league?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Suqit posted:

When did you join a rec league?
:negative:

EDIT: Apparently the Los Angeles Neo Aztecs will start play in Spring 2016 and not Fall 2015.

Crazy Ted fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Jan 14, 2015

awyeahz
Aug 21, 2005

~*~BeDtImE~4~B0NZ0~*~
NASL welcomes Ballon d'Oreo winner Ronaldo!

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Apparently Ronaldo confirmed at the press conference that he is hoping to make a comeback with the Strikers.

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

On Facebook some Rowdies fans are pointing out that Freedy Adu is spending the week in Tampa, according to Freddy's Facebook page. Absolutely no hint or implications of any Rowdies connection to the visit, but, who knows, we seem to be deep into NASL silly season so anything seems possible.

So I'm just throwing that bit of news out there.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go off into a corner and shoot myself. :suicide:

(Edit to add: here's a link to the Facebook page in question just so y'all know I'm not fibbin': https://www.facebook.com/freddyadu11.)

Do over Ham fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Jan 15, 2015

Woof! Woof!
Aug 21, 2006

Supporters of whatever they're calling the club this week.
MLS is a retirement league, NASL is a retirement league for fatties.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Woof! Woof! posted:

MLS is a retirement league, NASL is a retirement league for fatties.

But Jozy went to MLS?!

Woof! Woof!
Aug 21, 2006

Supporters of whatever they're calling the club this week.

camoseven posted:

But Jozy went to MLS?!

Is fatty, but not old.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Edmonton signed a something called an Öskar Örn Hauksson on loan for the year from a team in Iceland. I have no idea who the gently caress he his, but he gets bonus points for the name. Also his team in Iceland is called Knattspyrnufélag Reykjavíkur, which just goes to show that Icelandic really doesn't look all that far off from Welsh.

Crazy Ted fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jan 15, 2015

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

Ronaldo!

Beer drones!

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2015/jan/16/beer-drones-and-world-class-parties-the-strange-tale-of-ronaldo-in-florida

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Hey OP those parts were good but this is the best:

quote:

The Brazilians are wealthy and certainly don’t lack for ideas but the lingering doubt remains how the second division club can compete in a market that, if his plans come to fruition, Beckham intends to enter with a well-financed, high-profile new MLS team.

Geromel was asked that question in an online chat with fans and didn’t sound worried about the prospect.

“If the underwear model is able to put a team together, it would be a pleasure to face them on the pitch”

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
USL Pro officially announce for 2015:

-24 teams, divided into Eastern and Western Conferences
-28 game season, with everyone in each Conference playing themselves and 6 regional match-ups taking the remaining games
-12 team knockout playoff.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Indy just put forward a proposal for an $87 million stadium. Looks nice. That isn't the interesting part. The interesting part is the proposal of Peter Wilt trying to build NASL into a parallel league with MLS, AL/NL style.

You know, I'm even kinda for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

awyeahz
Aug 21, 2005

~*~BeDtImE~4~B0NZ0~*~
It's all here - infographics, hashtags, and renders? You bet!

• Locked thread