Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Destroy My Sweater posted:

It's horrifying to watch grown men and women (with their children) chanting "WE WILL NOT SIT DOWN THAT poo poo'S RETARDED" or "GO BACK TO TAMPA YOU loving CUNTS" and nobody else around you sees the issue. I got season tickets in the supporters section this year but was not prepared for the baggage that came with it. The SGs have no class, sense of shame or self awareness.

In a relatively recent game, one of our players went down off the ball. It was pretty abrupt, looked like it could have been a seizure or heart issue. SGs shouted for everyone to be quiet and take a knee. Classy, right? During the second half, an opposing player goes down for an injury and almost immediately the "LET HIM DIE LET HIM DIE LET HIM DIE" chants start. I was appalled.

I don't know, I'm not like, prude or easily offended. I'm just shocked at why these people exist or where they came from. They try to make the game about themselves and not the players and think that the club belongs to them.

The front office loves their passion but it's time for them to do more than a slap on the wrist. They seem pretty timid about it. Disney asked us to stop using profanity in chants because there had been some complaints/issues, which seems fairly reasonable. There was a huge uproar and DISNEY BEER BOYCOTT and they stopped for like two weeks before just going back to it. It's truly cringe-worthy.

So basically Orlando's going to have empty-stadium penalties by Memorial Day.

I'm all for going outside and having a good time with your friends, but going even half as far as it sounds like Orlando did is absurd. I hope they get cracked down on, and hard. The league will have a loving conniption once they're promoted, and then a year later use the photos of the riots as promotional material for the playoffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Indy just put forward a proposal for an $87 million stadium. Looks nice. That isn't the interesting part. The interesting part is the proposal of Peter Wilt trying to build NASL into a parallel league with MLS, AL/NL style.

You know, I'm even kinda for it.

• Locked thread