Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
I actually liked all the Medici and political intrigue stuff so I'll be a bit sad to see it go. The first episode was alright, they had a lot of tying up to do from last season so I'll cut them some slack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

If they can manage to focus half the time on Rome/Florence stuff then I think it will work out fine.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

I'm really liking the dynamic Vespucci brings to the show. Also, I was worried it was going to get sort of dumb if they just focused on South America and Da Vinci so I'm glad it looks like it will be a nice balance.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

AFewBricksShy posted:

The season-opening human sacrifice scene and the one in the most recent episode are 2 different events, right? If I remember correctly, the opening scene was him and Riario, not him and Swarthy Buddy.

I think that is still further down the line.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

If they're gonna go with all this magic stuff and faux-history, I'd rather they just go whole-hog and have Da Vinci invent all sorts of insane poo poo.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

I'm just waiting for someone to get resurrected by the Book of Leaves.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

I think they're gonna need to make a decision on which way to take the series: Either go whole hog into the magical alternate history realm of this season or take it back to the historical fiction political intrigue of the first season. I'd prefer they go back towards the first season's stuff, but either way they cannot keep this schizophrenic tone and have a quality show, I don't think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Hahaha gently caress off with that cliffhanger. Also, season three has already been ordered.

• Locked thread