Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I originally wasn't going to watch season 2 but then I heard they got Matt Fraction and Jonathan Hickman to write episodes so I guess I'm back in.

I'm also hoping that the move to South America cuts down on the Medici story arc which is kind of boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

hiddenmovement posted:

Wasn't Leonardo into men? This show is highly historically accurate and features lots of man love I hope.

I'm pretty sure there was some mention in the first season of men he'd been in relationships with but they've pretty much just stuck him with ladies during the show.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I like this Amerigo Vespucci.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Haha, Leonardo imitating Riario is pretty great.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Nah, it looks like they're still going to have all the stuff with Florence in it. Its just become completely disconnected from the Leonardo stuff as he's off to the New World.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Unfortunately since one is pretending to be the other it isn't a Pope and Anti-Pope situation.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sometimes it really feels like they make Leonardo way too smart. So you end up with stuff like this where he figures out the heliocentric model of the solar system all by himself.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

My problem with the first season is that it was very inconsistent. It would also be easier to swallow Leonardo basically inventing everything if they weren't also doing the (mostly) realistic Italian politics stuff. There's also an issue where the Florence vs Rome stuff doesn't have a lot of overlap with the Book of Leaves quest.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I was a little worried about how hackneyed the "I'll name this place after me" joke but I laughed at the "Vespuccia" punchline.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't the corn in this week's episode not look like that? Like the kernels should be smaller and darker and basically not look like modern corn.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Riario just stabbed a dude with CORN.

Edit: Ghost Juliano's beard looks super fake.

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Apr 27, 2014

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Something I didn't like about last week's episode was how they had Lorenzo legitimately winning the test. It really seems like something he should have found an alternate way out of.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kind of weird how the Secret Archive Bishop has all these Batman tools.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

One thing I think this season really doesn't need is even more fracturing of the stories. The first season had enough problems keeping the story going through two plot threads, this season expanding it further hasn't fared any better.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kind of funny how they completely short circuited the Florence stuff with Leonardo's travel back.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This "Enemies of Man" thing is pretty weird.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I know they don't want to show stuff on Memorial Day weekend but its pretty loving stupid to take a break ONE week from the finale.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hahaha, really? All this time "Nico" has been loving Machiavelli?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I guess I'm glad they're getting another season because that would have been a pretty annoying series finale.

• Locked thread