Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
I've had sardines a few times because of this thread. they are good. thanks thread!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I love you all.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug
Please don't goldmine the thread before I can post an in depth gustatory analysis of the fish Number 1 Sexy Dad mailed me. I'm gonna make it a whole day affair. 3 meals. All sardines. One day.

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?
This thread changed my life. I'm sad it's being goldmined though because I won't be able to keep posting. I guess when I send my Santee his sardine gift, I'll have to tell him to check out the gold mine instead of GBS.

wireframeskull
Dec 3, 2006

this thread taught me about fisherman's eggs and for that i will be forever grateful

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

a starwar betamax posted:

Hello friends i will be goldminding this in a few days so please make any parting words or dont.

It was fabulous, Stew. 'e went up to this guy, and was like, 'what do you do for a living,' and the guy was like, 'i'm in oil' and tom o'connor, quick as lightning, said 'are you a sardine?'"

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Seriouspost goldmined thread, only one 2015, last of a dying breed

Buy King Oscar Mediterranean from Amazon, my parting words

naem
May 29, 2011

My dads dead

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

:coolfish:

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

eat the dang bones. eat 'em.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Have not read the thread yet but was the conclusion "sardines: good enough to eat"? Because I have this tin I want to open and eat but won't if sardines fail to pass the SA test of approval.

e. wait nevermind, its kippers

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
Put your canned fish on some toast. Apply condiments to taste. Enjoy the fishiness.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Bilirubin posted:

Have not read the thread yet but was the conclusion "sardines: good enough to eat"? Because I have this tin I want to open and eat but won't if sardines fail to pass the SA test of approval.

e. wait nevermind, its kippers

Kippers have also been covered in this thread. My suggestion: very lightly toast some thick, crusty bread, lay a bed of capers mixed with a little mustard, a little red wine vinegar, and a little of the oil from the can on the bread, kippers on top of that, then broil until hot. Garnish with chives and devour.

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
Thank you bonny thread. I now love little fishies.

Can we have this quoted in the last post for the goldmine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-tU36eyB0k

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
This thread opened my eyes to the entire world sardines, kippers, mackerel and anchovies. It is a bittersweet thought knowing the thread will be immortalized in the goldmine.

Before every post in this thread is chiseled in stone never to be edited again, I jut have one more request.

I was at a small get together last night and I brought along some ritz, hot sauce and Mediterranean mackerel from KO. I secretly made up a plate and after almost everyone refused, one adventurous person took a cracker and admitted it was good, I ran out before I could even have one for myself.

I think sardines will be a harder sell though. I'm going to a holiday party in a couple weeks and I want to make a sneaky side dish that involves 'dines. Does anyone know anything that might be able to fit the bill? I could just bring a platter of 'dines on 'tines with chopped onions, capers and mustard and hot sauce on the side, but I really want to get less adventurous people to try 'dines.

E: and don't say deviled egg dines! Deviled eggs are icky.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

goldmined, by special lowtax permission

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
Where will we discuss sardines now? :ohdear:

Also my wife hates you all for hooking me onto these fishes. She thinks they smell :(

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Hell Gem
My dumb whore wife opened my King Oscar sampler box and threw away the packaging. I missed the gold foil/tissue, excitement, and unboxing experience. I think I'm getting a divorce.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

oh good the nasty fish thread is back

loving trolls

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?

Ceciltron posted:

Please don't goldmine the thread before I can post an in depth gustatory analysis of the fish Number 1 Sexy Dad mailed me. I'm gonna make it a whole day affair. 3 meals. All sardines. One day.

Yeah for real, don't do it for like another day at least! I have pictures of gross chinese canned fish that kinda suckes but were also kinda okay. I just got back to the US and I was gonna wait til I got to a PC.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Why are we goldmining? There are countless topics left to discuss about sardines. I for one will stand against our SWB overlord.

Bum the Sad posted:

My dumb whore wife opened my King Oscar sampler box and threw away the packaging. I missed the gold foil/tissue, excitement, and unboxing experience. I think I'm getting a divorce.

Sever.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Had sardines only once before discovering this thread, as a kid camping with my dad. Now I enjoy sardines every night.

I'll miss the thread!

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:
So long and thanks for all the fish!

naem
May 29, 2011

Thread should be perma-stickied

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Ceciltron posted:

please film each meal in HD

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

This thread deserves to live forever.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Let this thread die a natural death sometime in the cyberpunk future when there are only robot fish and cyber dads fishing for them.

Planet X
Dec 10, 2003

GOOD MORNING
GBS has a 198 page thread entitled "Incest is Best" and "What's the weirdest thing to jack it to", but our canned fish discussion thread goes away?

Someone should start a new one in GWS

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Planet X posted:

GBS has a 198 page thread entitled "Incest is Best" and "What's the weirdest thing to jack it to", but our canned fish discussion thread goes away?

Someone should start a new one in GWS

Nobody's going to go into GWS they're dumb.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:
We will just make another one then

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Well it was nice to know that there are so many great dad's on SA breeding and grooming the next generation of sardine lovers.

E: I think I finally need to buy an avatar, something in the sardine nature, in honor of this thread.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
I thought this thread was a joke at first, and now I'm hooked on canned fish. It even made me finally try smoked oysters as well.
Long live King Oscar!

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Thanks for encouraging me to try fish in cans, thread.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug

a starwar betamax posted:

please film each meal in HD

Pour toi, n'mporte quoi.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

By His Majesty's Royal Permission.

Thank you sardines, for providing an ecologically sound, culturally rich, delicious and healthy snack, for the busy person on the go.

PurdWerfect
Aug 29, 2000

Picked up the Wild Pacific in extra virgin olive oil from Costco along with some bowls of precooked organic brown rice.

Heat the rice in the microwave.
Pull the spines from the sardines (I can't handle the texture)
Mash the sardines into the rice along with some of the oil.
Throw in a healthy dollop of Lao Gan Ma Chili Crisp Sauce
And a shot of the vinegary hot sauce (or just vinegar) of your choice.

About two minutes to make and it's a tasty and filling meal.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

That gives me an idea to try stir frying some dines.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

doctorfrog posted:

Eat the dang bones.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
The bones are seriously creepy but I eat them because it's metal as gently caress :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Want to quick shout out to the UK / Europe based proto-dads.

http://www.pilchardworks.co.uk/

The Pilchard Works are the poo poo. They only do three tins - Regular, Tomato and Smoked. They are all delicious, especially the smoked.

You can buy them on amazon:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00H9K7YFS

I found them at Waitrose too.

• Locked thread