Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

orange juche posted:

Should float greenpeace out there into the disputed waters between South Korea and best Korea, IMO.

I'm pretty sure you can convince a boat full of them to head out and protest.

And while only a boat full, at least its a start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

tell that to vilerat

*drops mic*

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

maffew buildings posted:

What the loving gently caress does triggering mean, like how when I see a fat dude with a pony tail in a silk club shirt with flames on it that I want to stab them? Or do you literally shake with rage and post about it online?

Is this what SJW's have as their PTSD?

Kinda sorta. But a whole lot less being shot at.

edit: You know what. That was mean and uncalled for. So I removed it.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

krispykremessuck posted:

lmao gently caress everything kill all humans

I had to explain to someone I work with that if we were running a pregnancy test, the patient was a female. They tried to argue with me that because the paperwork didn't list gender we didn't know.

"If we are running a pregnancy test they are a woman. Males lack critical components required for pregnancy, I don't care how many loving tumblr accounts say otherwise."

This is an actual statement I had to make to an actual adult in the medical field. They also did not know what Tumblr was. I also had to explain to more than three people why I call the autistic savant Rain Man. Then explain to them what a savant is.

These are theoretically college educated adults.

I work with retards.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Cole posted:

Who are these people

20 something Americans who have too much time on their hands and want to out "enlightened" all their fuckwit friends.

I never thought there would be something worse than the dirt foot hippy movement. Then hipsters came along. And were outdone by SJWs and their carebear hugbox bullshit.

I mean I get that you don't need to be a combat vet to have seen some poo poo in your time. And bad things happen to people. Hell, after getting hit by lightning, I'm not a big fan of finishing the back 9 when the afternoon storms come rolling in. But there comes a point where it is taken too far. Those people are waaaaaaaaay the gently caress past that point.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

RichieHimself posted:

fuckkkkk, what was that like? Did you get any sweet powers besides pissing your pants whenever someone turns on the microwave?

Supposedly it made me smarter to a minor but measurable degree. Which has been undone by multiple concussions since.

Really the only thing interesting about it was I was one of 7 people hit and all of us have a different account of the sensation. That and one dude had his boots blown apart. I mean literally blew them into pieces.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

tuluk posted:

do air ionizers give you PTSD?

No. But dealing with Payroll gives me flash backs to dealing with Finance who managed to always gently caress up my 1st and 15th. Which is waaaaaaaaay worse.

On the serious side, I don't really have any ill effects that are more severe than all the other crazy poo poo that has happened to me. My heart was more damaged from defibs trying to revive me 3 or 4 times. My brain was more hosed up by all the concussions I have suffered. Drowning in a half frozen lake probably didn't do positive things for my health either. But outside of being a bit more careful when thunderstorms start rolling in, I'm not really bothered by it. I survived the first time, and if you aren't loving retarded, generally you don't get hit twice.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Snowdens Secret posted:

I'm really amazed at how much press this VA stuff is getting from traditionally administration-friendly sources, considering how the whole thing is basically a ringing condemnation of government-run health care. Even if Shinseki goes, the problems predate him by a good amount, and there's no indication chair-swapping even at the top is going to do squat.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/05/18/exclusive-v-a-scandal-hits-new-hospital.html

Clearly the answer is to sign everybody up for that level of care, that way no one will have unrealistic expectations!

Whenever GBS (before the massive and long overdue house cleaning) brought up universal health care/government run health care/socialized medicine, I told them it was a terrible idea and would never work.

Shouted down every fuckin time.

Because working in the medical industry doesn't allow me to get a glimpse into how its run. And I am only one person so just because I have read about it/seen it/experienced it doesn't mean its a real problem. And its great health care for every one else but me... And this kind of poo poo doesn't happen. And the same assholes who can't pave loving roads right or balance a budget, or run a covert espionage program with out getting caught are more than capable of setting up a government controlled health care program. And The Affordable Care Act has gone so well...

TLDR, GBS and the D&D fucks that used to run essentially every carebear Communism thread in it are retarded.

I should go troll the gently caress out of their health care threads with this. But :effort:

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Accretionist posted:

You do realize you can have UHC at the insurance level, right?

Perhaps we are hearing different stories about ACA.

Because from what I have read/heard about, its been a loving disaster from go. Which is exactly what we should expect from the federal government when it comes to social programs.

Or is our stellar public education system a solid example of how I am wrong here.

Or is our stellar management of social security funding a solid example of how I am wrong here.

Or is our stellar economic recovery plan a solid example of how I am wrong here.

Or is our stellar....

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

friend of the family DEATH TURBO posted:

so what's the ~free market~ solution to everything

leaving it to free market manages to be worse.

To truly fix it you have to start with banning lobby groups and campaign donations connected to medical companies. Then you have to strictly regulate both medical care costs and insurance.

Which is a pipe dream given the current state we are in.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

One of my company commanders no poo poo kept photos of Audie Murphy and John Wayne on the wall of his office. He was a little off awesome...

FTFY

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Courthouse posted:

Then they came for the otakus, but I did not speak up

Then they came for the furries, but I did not speak up

Then they came for GBS, but I did not speak up

Then at the cost of a few innocent collaterals the world was a slightly better place, and we never told our children the things we had had to do to better their future.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

ManMythLegend posted:

Is it really that controversial to think that modern presidential administrations do not take criticism well? I'm pretty sure I could go back and find similar statements for every administration since the internet was invented.

I'm pretty sure presidential administrations have always not taken criticism well.

They don't respond to it KGB/SS style, but they do tend to be overly sensitive.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

friend of the family DEATH TURBO posted:

peta's running a new campaign linking autism to dairy products, looking forward to measles and polio coming back while kids break bones trying to walk down stairs in 20 years

I refuse to believe that even PETA is capable of that grade of stupidity.

But we should still round them up and send them to the gas chambers for being PETA.

Snatch up Greenpeace while we are at it.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Dantu posted:

Shockingly Dick Cheney believes Obama has endangered the country!

E: but holy poo poo, it's like the White House wants to give Fox ammo with the press conference with Bergdahls dad. What a poo poo show

McCain is going apeshit over congress or some oversight comity not being notified.

Lots of political posturing and monkey poo poo throwing over this.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Obama Africanus posted:

Mandy Patinkin getting another loving emmy

While not ideal. I was cool up to this point. Death to humans.

Death to the earth

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Honestly. The real problem is we didn't turn Iraq into the gulf of Iraq in 91, then tell the rest of the world that after outspending the Russians on weapons development we have a surplus and we are just it itching to clean out the warehouse. Then for shits and giggles erase some lovely third world country like France off the face of the planet just to prove we would

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Let's tone down the HILARIOUS racism in the serious thread, thanks!

Does calling the French names count as racism?

Or does it still qualify as current events since the entire country of France and half of Canadia are always being a bunch of douchebag fucksticks?

Edit:

Also. 25 years ago today this happened:

Which led to this:

And China's government trying to tell its self none of it ever happened.

Genocide Tendency fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Jun 4, 2014

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Booblord Zagats posted:

Pretty sure Brian wrote "Another one bites the dust"

They wrote the song around the bass. Basically the bass player got waisted as gently caress, was messing around, and you got Queen's 3rd best song.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Zeroisanumber posted:

Decent ruins, some oil, but worse people than Mississippi.

Texas was admitted to the Union in 1845.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Flikken posted:

I just hope this doesn't turn into a wider regional war.

This is the pinnacle of Poe's Law.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Iraq's security forces under saddam just captured mosul and tikrit.

Gengis Kahn's army just took Tibet. Afghanistan expected to be the next target.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

I dunno if this has been posted yet but lol DnD is already getting back to "this extremist group isn't actually bad and are basically the republicans of Egypt/Iraq/Syria"

*img-severed head lying on rear end, teenager mag dumped on after drive by*

I didn't believe that was actually posted.

Then I clicked on the link....

The Brown Menace posted:

Not incorrect. I mean sure we'd all love to pretend that ISIS is the worst poo poo ever, and they actually are a strong contender, but ISIS is also very good at keeping up (sharia) law and order. They don't just randomly gently caress with people, and many of the freedoms they restrict are ones which the people they govern never used or intended to use anyway. For some, the crazy roaming sharia wannabe-caliphate is a better option than constantly being hounded by thieves and rapists, who effectively get scared away by ISIS' "scary motherfucker" aura.

Not only was it what you posted, but you left out even more "holy poo poo :stonk:".

GIP is full of war criminals and murderers, but hey those ISIS guys aren't so bad...

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Dantu posted:

It's not surprisingly tough to find articles from credible sources but it sounds like American contractors at Balad where/are in a hairy situation. As near as I can tell Iraqi Air Force flew them out after the base was surrounded.

ISIS would pretty stupid to overrun and kill US contractors, it's pretty much they only thing they could do that would guarantee some type of response from the US.

Given that stellar response to Benghazi.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

D&D has the ability to gaslight its self:

Vermain posted:

It's actually probably better if the conflict is left to sort itself out while other countries attempt to serve as mediators and negotiators, yes. I have no idea where your optimism with regards to a direct military response is coming from, considering that the most recent example of direct military intervention (Libya) led to a dessicated nation torn apart by warlords.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

pengun101 posted:

yeah, D&D loves being moral relativists with the worst kind of situations sadly, it didn't help that the next 2 following pages were giant arguments over that post. also, i think alot of the people ISIS killed arnt even soldiers, just shia men they picked up.

D&D has a hard on for crying about how evil the US is.

Literally the US could give foreign disaster victims MREs and they will bitch about the nutritional value. And if its handed out by troops, INVADING MILITARY FORCE.

50 Foot Ant posted:

Dresden, Europe, and the Pacific, all circa 1944 would probably like to have a word with them.

I mean, Christ, could you imagine if America started fighting in Iraq or Afghanistan the way they did in the 1940's?

:flashfap:

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Soooo..

Someone just said that Sherman's Atlanta antics weren't that bloodthirsty.

I don't want to go back in there anymore.

Or maybe I got caught by Poe's law.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

50 Foot Ant posted:

"YOU'RE THE BEST, ROCK! YOU EAT LIGHTNING AND poo poo THUNDER, ROCK!"

Why isn't this the soldier's creed?

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

This is pretty much my ideal policy for dealing with all those African shitholes that change governments on an hourly basis.

Only with a little more "gently caress the UN" involved.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Waroduce posted:

NYT reports Iraqs largest oil refinery fell to Islamic extremists Wednesday morning, after army helicopter gunships failed to beat back an attack on the facility according to refinery workers, eyewitnesses and an Iraqi army officer who fled the scene

General Atta denied that the refinery has fallen but reports out of Baiji contradict that assessment.

"We have complete control over Baiji and the oil refinery." General Atta went on to say.

General Atta. C/O Reuters photography.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Best Friends posted:

Some dude is already "just asking questions" to this effect in the D and D middle east thread. Not so much as for the motive but just in a "a thing happened, therefore America and Israel are behind it" sense.

This is my favorite thing.

The same dudes who can't pave a road or cheat on their wife without getting caught have managed to get a bunch of rag heads who have hated each other for roughly 2000 years to not only play nice with each other but join what they perceive as the greatest evil ever in a united goal.

I wonder if they even think about this stuff before they post it.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

ManMythLegend posted:

Well I mean it worked out pretty well for them in 1939.

Until Hitler thought vacationing in Leningrad at the start of winter was a good idea.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

My only issue with laying waist to Israel over this is consistency. We don't get uppity with any other country that has its Gestapo rough up a kid or two.

Besides we have so many other reasons to gently caress them up.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

My favorite part of this oil/gas prices fighting is the fact that like 95% of people omit that some good ole boys from the woods of North Carolina found a solution for cars in the 20s.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Zeroisanumber posted:

The VA policy of waiting for an ambulance to take a guy two doors down is pretty much standard across the whole healthcare industry. Generally it leads to the best outcome because the last thing that I want is a clerk with zero medical training making medical decisions. That said, a 30 minute response time on a "person down, unresponsive" call is really dogshit, and I have no idea what the facility is like, but I'm surprised that they couldn't scrounge up a nurse and a wheelchair sometime within that half-hour.

I would think they are required to have a code team or a fast react team.

If not then what the gently caress... Its a god drat hospital. They should.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Mike-o posted:

nuke em and let's be done with it

Thats no fun.

Carpet bombing for weeks on end. Every hour on the hour erase another cluster of hovels and mud huts. When they are gone, go back and bomb the smoking craters again. Make them and the rest of this lovely planet understand we have not only the capability but the intent to be the most terrible and monstrous fucks in recorded history if pushed too far.

It will never happen. But we should do that.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Dead Reckoning posted:

I'm on board with this, but we need to bring back napalm, Big Belly B-52s wall to wall with Mk82s, and the really bad cluster bombs that leave UXO everywhere for future generations. Military version of throwback jersey night at the stadium.

I might be wrong on this but I believe napalm was outlawed, so the US renamed it incendiary gel and listed it only use is as a defoliant. It's a fuckin desert so unless we can convince the rest of the world that camels and scorpions are trees, napalm is off the table.

Cluster bombs and hellfire are still good though!

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I never understood the point behind yanking in the reigns on Israel. gently caress the Palestinians. If they want that god drat sand so much then let them earn it the American way. Wiping out who ever is currently living there. And if the Israelis launch another 6 day jaunt to clean house, let them rebuild Solomon's temple.

Its like no one wants this poo poo to be over.

"Oh hey, we could stop this bullshit right quick but eh... gently caress it. Lets intervene and tell everyone to play nice. Since thats worked out for the last couple thousand years."

Great idea.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

holocaust bloopers posted:

BAH too? Is his pay non-taxable because he was in a warzone? Man that's some sick rear end back pay.

I don't think its back pay. I think they just kept depositing his check in his account. But I don't know. Anyone from finance in here?

Not that you will admit it because the rest of us will hunt you down and murder you for all the times our pay got hosed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

i'd probably squeeze the life out of a finance person just for somehow being a more vacuous waste than me

I'll save that justification for the time I meet someone who willingly admits they were a registration clerk at med clinic.

• Locked thread