Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Godholio posted:

So is Obama gonna invade Mexico now or what?

Going to annex Canada

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

silent drill team stationed at 8th and i

i hear their hazing rituals consist of edge dressing and anuses

Don't the marines do a lot of war games around DC?

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

FIDEL CASHFLOW posted:

apparently the koreas are taking potshots at each other again :toot:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-26815041

quote:

The latest incident comes days after North Korea test-fired two medium-range Nodong missiles over the sea, its first such launch since 2009.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
Democracy has prevailed in Pakistan :hfive:

quote:

A nine-month-old boy charged with planning a murder, threatening police and interfering with state affairs in Pakistan has been granted bail after appearing in court this week.

Toddler Muhammad Mosa Khan was booked in February along with 30 other people, including a number of members of his family, after stones were allegedly thrown at police and energy officials during raids on homes in Lahore. Residents had been accused of not paying for electricity.

Apparently deciding that the nine month old was capable of - and had - taken part in the alleged stone throwing, Sub-Inspector Kashif Ahmed decided to arrest the child.

What followed were farcical scenes in which the toddler was fingerprinted and made to sit on his grandfather’s lap in court, drinking his bottle.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/ninemonthold-boy-charged-with-attempted-murder-in-pakistan-granted-bail-by-judge-9241959.html

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

quote:

TEHRAN: Iranian state television said Iran has started a joint naval drill with the Pakistani navy east of the strategic Strait of Hormuz, through which one fifth of the world's oil supply passes.

Tuesday's report did not say how the exercise in the Oman Sea would last.

Iran's official IRNA news agency reported on Sunday that the Pakistani vessels include a warship, a submarine and logistics vessels.

It said the Pakistani fleet will leave after four days.

In the past, regional countries have had a presence at similar Iranian maneuvers as observers.

Iran & Pakistan having a pow-wow in Hormuz two months after the Saudi-Paki arms agreement.

http://www.dawn.com/news/1098545/pakistan-iran-start-joint-naval-drill

Snowdens Secret posted:

This is what you get when you don't occupy for 50 years. You don't see anyone in Japan trying to make it with little kids

I mean, other than US Marines

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/oct/20/young-people-japan-stopped-having-sex

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
If only was Caro was here to confirm they were spetznas.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

MrYenko posted:

DND could use a good purge or two.

you will be the first against the wall in russia's america

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Fojar38 posted:

Worried is a relative term. The Russians are less a security risk and more a risk to perceived territorial integrity in the Arctic, which is something the current government has prioritized and was one of the reasons Harper wanted the F-35. Nobody is worried about Russians marching down from the North Pole like they're a bunch of white walkers, the government is more worried that Russians will fly over/sail through Canadian waters and it'll be humiliating if we can't feasibly do anything to stop them.

I think I've said before that in Tom Clancy world if there was an actual Russian incursion into the Canadian arctic the Canadian strategy is to call in the Americans.

nah man, in tom clancy's world canada and the us have merged into a single state with a hispanic pres. and the army disarm some nukes in Toronto or somewhere with like 2 seconds left - it was pretty cool and i felt like i was the one who disarmed the nukes after i finished reading

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
al jazeera is unironically the best

http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2014/4/26/ukraine-monitorsransom.html

quote:

A pro-Russian insurgency leader in eastern Ukraine said Saturday that foreign military observers, detained by the insurgents as suspected NATO spies, could be released in exchange for jailed pro-Russian activists, as tensions in the country’s east remained high. Ukraine’s acting prime minister said Russian military aircraft had violated his country’s airspace, and Western powers moved closer to punishing Russia with more sanctions.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Courthouse posted:

Well he won back in Crimea. Question now is what he wants. More of Ukraine? Independent fiefdoms as more easily controlled buffers? Just leave Ukraine a burning mess for shits and giggles?

Because while everyone is busy talking up how bad Putin has outmanouvered the west, fact is that without the Crimean voters the pro-west side has a clear electoral majority in the remaining Ukraine. So it is essentially lost to the EU in the long term.

i think the answer is pretty obvious: japan

hence the wooing of their male population with that crimean attorney lady

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
The economic incentive to annex Crimea has finally come to light. iirc, the southwest of Ukraine has a significant russian-ethnic population :tinfoil:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/18/world/europe/in-taking-crimea-putin-gains-a-sea-of-fuel-reserves.html?hp

quote:

When Russia seized Crimea in March, it acquired not just the Crimean landmass but also a maritime zone more than three times its size with the rights to underwater resources potentially worth trillions of dollars.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Enigma89 posted:

Question for GiP dudes but if a guy writes a note and renounces his citizenship and bails then why bother chasing after him. It wasn't like he was some General that has a bunch of secrets. gently caress him let him go? Or is there a real reason about getting him just for justice purposes?

bergdahl was actually a delta force commander with knowledge of sensitive state secrets

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
whip trying to cover up that the mods are the ones who attacked karachi airport in order to satiate their blood thirst is p lol

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

holocaust bloopers posted:

Um isn't ISIS like a brand new umbrella for a bunch of well-funded shitheads to GoPro off a bunch of Iraqis?

it's just GoPro's marketing team

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
tom clancy is busting out his kleenex again

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-27845313

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Actually we should have let them continue to be the badass alpha bushido rulers of Asia.

yes i agree n4i we caused this

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Mustang posted:

We should pump a ton of money into a Manhattan project type program to develop alternative energy. Let the Middle East just be some backwater no one gives a poo poo about. What do they think is going to happen when they run out of oil? Its not like they're using the money to develop their countries, its just lining the pockets of the elite.

lol if you think this is true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
I'm not going to argue that the elite aren't lining their pockets, but they are spending significant sums in diversifying [re: developing] their economies. After oil runs out, numerous countries still have significant natural gas and mineral reserves to exploit (qatar, bahrain, saudi arabia, uae, etc.)

Saudi Development:

UAE:

Afghanistan also has a shitload of untapped mineral wealth and natural gas reserves, though I doubt we'll ever get to extract them: http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-war-is-worth-waging-afghanistan-s-vast-reserves-of-minerals-and-natural-gas/19769

There's also that thing where nato has, and will always have, numerous bases in the middle east.

So yes, most middle eastern countries are actively developing their countries & economies. And it's not going to become some backwater due to the inevitable loss of oil.

• Locked thread