Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Well Putin's playing a page out of Reagan's book with a Russian twist

He has a pretty powerful nation thats seriously gasping for air, economy is floundering, military is in lovely shape and his nation isn't exactly seen as stable from the outside looking in. So in order to obtain higher confidence of the electorate as well as keeping the rabble rousers heads' down he decided to go out and start flexing like he's in the goddamed WWF

He's trying to foster confidence inside the country, a new sense of national pride, while keeping himself seen as a god-father figure who just cares about his people. He's putting highly nationalistic people in to his cabinet and his satellite states while indirectly attacking outside influences that could theoretically cause unrest within his own borders using it as an excuse to invest heavily in to national defense, which in turn makes local industry boom. By directly challenging NATO on poo poo he knows drat well they don't give two shits about, meaning they will avoid confrontation beyond a pissy letter because the US and UK have no intention of stopping Russians in their own backyard, he makes himself look like a strong liberator from foreign oppressors because NATO is "Too afraid" to fight him. Everything he's doing is as smart as can be given his situation, he's not dumb enough to directly attack the Baltics, but the Caspian and Northern Black Sea territories are his playground and he knows drat well he can do anything short of nuking them without receiving any manner of forceful international response because the West see's those areas as already belonging to Russia. Hell, the way he brings his dog out to gently caress with Merkel is a not-at-all subtle nod to the fact he's building off the idea that the West is afraid of him, which just fuels the fire of his supporters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
The Russian offensive started earlier than you think

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-news-from-elsewhere-25198264

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Holy poo poo, the Drudge front page reads like a person having a major mental breakdown if you just browse through the headlines alone

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

at the date posted:

I thought it was a joke and giggled, then I clicked on it. I feel nauseous.

Renewable energy makes me queasy too

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Snowdens Secret posted:

http://www.businessinsider.com/russia-evading-nsa-and-snowden-2014-3

There are a couple ways to read this, but to say that the US missed the buildup, and that this was all Snowden's fault, seems a bit of a stretch when people were posting troop and tank movements to Twitter and Youtube practically in realtime.

A theory I've heard a lot from some of the people I know who work for NSA/DISA contractors is Snowden was probably getting paid in one for or another by the Russians from the very start. Since the whole thing is playing out like the old days where the Soviets would both disgrace the CIA, pitting it against its own population and disgracing it internationally while still obtaining the info they wanted.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Zeroisanumber posted:

Cossacks are Putin's bully-boys. I remember he deployed them to Voronezh after some bombs went off. Big assholes with clubs and dogs smacking down anything bearded or brown.

So wait, you're tellin me we need Cossacks in Austin and San Francisco?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Frosted Flake posted:

I wouldn't want to be a Ukrainian conscript right now. What would it feel like to hear an armoured division turning over their engines in the middle of the night?

Imagine the same as it sounds when you're 17, it's Friday night and you're balls deep in some girl and you hear her dad's car pull in to the drive way with no real escape route

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Casimir Radon posted:

Hopefully there isn't some queer/weabo lobby in 10 years time to advocate for the Mannings and Snowdens off the world.

That already exists and is called tumblr/twitter

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Zeroisanumber posted:

Anyone getting a significant invasion force anywhere near North America is gonna get nuked.

Eh, we might let Mexico fall if it were to someone we could negotiate it with

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

ded posted:

Who the gently caress would want mexico?

China after they find out how easy/hot mexican chicks are and delicious sopapillas are

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Benagain posted:

Think it's pretty obvious that the US never plans for anything.

It's because we're really loving good at winging it. Chaos is the natural state of the American military, GiP is proof of this. Having a plan is the first step in having it used against you. We just scream some poo poo about the Alamo and go off on their asses like a rabid spider monkey. And that, my good human being, is what makes America great :patriot:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Helldump Immunity. posted:

booblord for mod 2014

Only if I can be the sole mod of E/N.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Helldump Immunity. posted:

I really hope Caro is somewhere splitting wood (without shirt on) and he gets convinced by a Ukrainian Colonel to come out of retirement :allears:

He's splitting in to tree food, probably naked in a mass grave in Syria.

Sooooooo, silver medal, I guess

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Jonad posted:

Courtesy of D&D

RPK, AK74SU and an RPG-22. That dude either pissed off his NCOIC or he's indeed the crazed militia type Russia is pinning it on

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Intel5 posted:

Pretty sure people showing up to gawk at jets is a given.

Yep, my brother said when he had to land a T-2C overnight at a small airport in Northern Mississippi when he went to take off the next morning half the town seemed to show up to watch him take off

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Mike-o posted:

Hey man burning down villages isn't a war crime.

If anything it's just a kick rear end BBQ

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

JSARSOM posted:

But anyways, please don't shoot me Whip.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Russia just took over their largest Social Media site, continues to not be guilty of Snowden-y things

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-27113292

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Bronies made the terrorism watch list or w/e

http://gawker.com/craigslist-poster-busted-in-undercover-horse-sex-sting-1567542900

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Snowdens Secret posted:

True today or not, I certainly wouldn't count on that in the 2050 timeframe.

I would, I'm pretty sure nations with a modern military have no reason to fear drones because poo poo like proper AAA, SAMs and Signal Counter-Intel is going to stay ahead of the drone fleet unless we come up with some seriously fancy AI to fly them when the control signal is being jammed to poo poo. Drones are the Western equivalent to suicide bombers. They aren't good for much other than targeting very vulnerable soft targets you don't want to risk your own assets to neutralize and putting a strong fear in a dissimilarly equipped enemy force.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Snowdens Secret posted:

We've already sent a team, and the Nigerians have accepted our help, but we don't know how big the team will be (future tense) and we can't say if they've accepted our help. Also we're not considering sending military resources except the military resources we're sending. There is amazingly almost nothing in this article that isn't doublespeak.

It's almost like misinformation is an important facet in counter terror operations

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

BigDave posted:

Did we ever find out who was responsible?

Probably someone who was mad at Goon Fleet

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/05/08/dover-air-force-base-lockdown/8852129/

Looks like someone's shooting up Dover because as is AF tradition, they just can't let the Army keep something to themselves

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Zeroisanumber posted:

tbh, we should just fold them back into the Army. Bring back the USAAF and then hold both services to a stricter fitness standard b/c push-ups at dawn will save America.

I'm a firm believer in rolling the Air Force back under the Army's CoC and putting the Marines back to being fully under the Navy's thumb

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Mortabis posted:

Who is paying for his dick to get cut off?

I really hope they just cut it off and let some hosed up convicts gently caress the poo poo out of the wound and just let him bleed out from it all.

Because seriously, gently caress anime intel spergs forever

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

orange juche posted:

nah, theyre gonna hire the most expensive doctors they can find and charge it to yours truly, every1 who pays taxes.

Daggum I hate Obummer-care

*goes to the VA*

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Cross posting from the Games thread

Gonna play the gently caress outta this

http://time.com/99375/kim-jong-un-video-game/

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Bonus level: how many political dissidents can you execute by mortar in 30 seconds?

All of them, I bet

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Mike-o posted:

jfc loving burn everything nuke this loving gay earth kill all humans we're all loving retards god drat

if i hear someone say 'trigger warning' today i'm going to open palm slap the poo poo out of them

Trigger Warning

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/cxyT0qD.jpg :nws:

Because it has got some jizz on it

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

id like to see em try

Ben Affleck already stopped the last one

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

genderstomper58 posted:

shoulda went with the uranus joke here

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Courthouse posted:

The Russian spy angle is a reasonable possibility, although I would have expected rewards rather than ball twisting. Like giving him an award for humanitarianism and set him up with a nice house and job or something, seems a bit low key right now.

Why would we think the Russians and Chinese didn't vacuum everything he had the second they laid hand on him? What would he have left that they have not already taken? It's not like he knew all that much himself, his value were the files in his possession. At most he'd know some stuff about US electronic security, but that info is outdated by now and on the same level as the documents.

The thing you're not taking in to account is the angle the KGB liked playing the most, which is planting the idea that the Americans play dirtier than they do. They even ran ops after JFK died , the moon landings and all sorts of other poo poo to get people to doubt the validity of any and everything the US did at home and abroad. Putin plays very much by the old playbook and he's not the least bit afraid of NATO, he postures in every aspect of his life, from shirtless hunting trips, to smug interactions with reporters to bringing his loving dogs to play with Merkel. Guy can't go 8 seconds without whipping out his cock and slapping someone with it then whispering "America could have stopped that but they didn't".

Snowden probably started out as a wanna be whistle blower, then they got to him when he started talking to the media and brought him and his files over, then used him as an Anti-Western puppet to sew discontent across NATO, SATO and other US allies. He's just a kid they're trying to use as the Che Guverra of the Facebook generation, but unfortunately he doesn't have the street cred. Putin parades him around to interview Russian intelligence officials on TV about the beautiful transparency of all things Russia. Putin realizes Snowden's value has jack poo poo to do with intelligence and everything to do with media perception, and thats exactly how he's playing him.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Courthouse posted:

You know, if Russia is going to be as obvious as to give the separatists half decent man portable AA I really don't see why they can't just loving invade already. Stop being a loving tease, Putin. :v:

He's waiting for Ukraine to gently caress up and accidentally attack civilians in a way that will excuse a Blitzkrieg style push to Kiev

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Courthouse posted:

Would it make much of a difference internally or externally? Unless Kiev is intentionally targeting kindergartens no one in the west will accept annexation as legitimate anyway, Russians and near-russians will presumably support it regardless so long as they are winning. So who would give a poo poo about a few russian civilians up or down? Seems to me most reactions are made on realpolitikal grounds?

Because Putin is still aware that the US is going dormant, but not vegetative. He wants us out of his sphere of influence, and knows our current political situation in the US is far from permanent. So if he fucks up too hard, he could infact revitalize the US in to a more active role in Europe.

Putin plays a tough guy, but in reality he's a smart guy.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

gfanikf posted:

Was the purpose of them being in single file just for quick transport to an area, cause otherwise it reminds me of Syrian Tank Doctrine...and if I remember correctly people in the square and area did take out APCs and some tanks too.

Makes the A-10 pilots' jobs little bit easier

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

They have enhanced optics on the front tank, the Chinese tank drivers all have slitty eyes so they have to follow the tank in front like Barry White with a guide dog (RIP)

Barry White wasn't blind, you're thinking of Ray Charles

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Stevie Wonder would like a word with you.

Stevie Wonder just wanted to be Ray Charles so bad he didn't pay attention in shop class, son

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Don't care. Stevie Wonder brought us Superstition and the best bass line ever devised.

John Deacon of Queen would like to have a word with you

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

I stand by my statement. Freddie and Brian May were the real talent anyways.

Pretty sure Brian wrote "Another one bites the dust"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Genocide Tendency posted:

They wrote the song around the bass. Basically the bass player got waisted as gently caress, was messing around, and you got Queen's 3rd best song.

Fair enough. But Queen's 3rd best song immediately means its better than any Stevie Wonder song.

Also

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Another_One_Bites_the_Dust#Use_in_medical_training

Legit saving lives

Booblord Zagats fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jun 4, 2014

• Locked thread