Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

genderstomper58 posted:

I just wanna say that the drudge report headline right now is the funniest one I've ever seen

:eyepop:

I thought it was a joke and giggled, then I clicked on it. I feel nauseous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
nevermind

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Waroduce posted:

I'm not very familiar with the post-collapse spy games, but I could do a semi :effort: post about some of the games that went on between the two during the cold war, and some of the CIAs failures in the cold war.
However, basically the CIA is very good at 3things:

1. Violating its charter ie: being used to spy on american citizens under executive pressure. (Nixon lol but also Truman and jfk/bobby kennedy )

2. Showing up with a briefcase full of cash for whoever decided they hate communism this week ( South America / Africa)

3. Allowing intelligence to become politizied.

Im traveling for work this week through next tuesday though, so it wouldn't be until im home.

Wow those are some very insightful + original points u presented there. You must come across as a real knowledgeable dude at frat parties. CIA is an oxymoron amirite?

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Waroduce posted:

I mean my post was short, because again phone posting, but im not trying to be a douche and he asked? I can cite historical examples and compare and contrast the CIA with the KGB directorates and their satellites for all of the above and maybe we can have a discussion about it and poo poo, but if people aren't interested thats fine too.

*back to lurking*

I am genuinely interested in a response to Courthouse's question.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
But if we just cut the ISS loose, think of how much more we could slash NASA's budget!

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
Who's more pathetic: the passive-aggressive fatty who hogs the elbow rests on the plane or the dweebs on either side of him who do nothing except bitch about it on Twitter?

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Cole posted:

Then go to the library you poor

And wait in line behind teenagers playing flash games for your 30 minute time slot on a virus-ridden shitbox.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
Goddamn oompa-loompas TAKIN OUR JOBS!

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

BigDave posted:

:stare: Woah, talk about a flashback. I haven't thought about that book in years, I had to read that one and The Things We Carried in 10th Grade English Lit.

In other news, Thailand is now a military dictatorship.

Well yeah, for the umpteenth time in the last 80-odd years. There have been so many Thai coups that there is disagreement among experts about the exact number. That article even says "at least Thailand's 12th since 1932."

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

He stumbled while trying to get behind the wheel of the (invisible) car, then lay perfectly still in the middle of the street. OK.

Why do they print that garbage?

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/29/us/in-military-care-a-pattern-of-errors-but-not-scrutiny.html

quote:

Malpractice suits can also be a rough indicator of risk. From 2006 to 2010, the government paid an annual average of more than $100 million in malpractice claims from surgical, maternity and neonatal care, records show. It would be paying far more if not for one salient reality of military health care: Active-duty service members are required to use military hospitals and clinics, but unlike the other patients, they may not sue. If they could, the Congressional Budget Office estimated in 2010, the military’s paid claims would triple.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Syncopated posted:

So according to this article the Iraqi government forces dropped paratroopers on Tikrit university? Seems pretty hardcore.

Should have done the same thing to the entire University of California system during OWS.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

I basically never have strong political opinions on anything, even supposedly clear-cut issues like the systematic murder of unborn children or civil rights for gays, but somehow I am 100% on the Israeli government's side here. The few people in that thread actually making arguments instead of dogpiling the IDF dude are pretending like Hamas was a peaceful organization not at all bent on annihilating the Jews until like 5 days ago when an Israeli bomb killed a kid AND THAT CROSSED THE LINE.

e: Even Hamas says that they launched hundreds of missiles at civilian targets (including a nuclear power plant) this week to avenge six militants who died when a literal terrorist tunnel collapsed. DnD is now continues to invent its own propaganda.

Eugene V. Dubstep fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jul 13, 2014

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

I'm in as long as they glass Seattle first. Also break off Utah as a Mormon reservation/prison.

Portland has most of the same cultural problems that come with being a move destination for white twenty-something occupy-wall-street twits, not much in the way of natural beauty, and worse food. Glass Portland! Seattle can be saved!

Eugene V. Dubstep fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Jul 16, 2014

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
holy poo poo

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

holocaust bloopers posted:

Is this a UN false flag?
How likely is this a UN false flag?
Could this be anything but a UN false flag?

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Regarde Aduck posted:

Too many facts. Please post in the usual format: QQ about D&D'rs, via increasingly bizarre hyperbole.

If you're going to do this in GiP, at least have the decency to post pictures of actual cheerleaders.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
CDC releases report finding homos to be binge-drinking, drug-addled hedonists who still keep trim.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
Diamond Joe 2016

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Barnsy posted:

The sign with 'Keep government out of my medicare' :negative:

I'm not from the US and I still know Medicare is government health care.

But you're still too dense to recognize an obvious photoshop.

please tell me that's shopped

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Sjurygg posted:

I call this "Democracy Dilemma". The people you want least to be engaged in politics are usually the ones who have all the time in the world to do just that.

There's no dilemma as far as I'm concerned. America will prosper again under the benevolent stewardship of white male landowners.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
Apparently the US Army War College will hand out a Master's degree without Googling a single sentence in your thesis.

Sen. Walsh's APFT score must have been, like, at least 280.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

ArbitraryTA posted:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2014/07/hamas-didnt-kidnap-the-israeli-teens-after-all.html

Welp. I think any vestiges of good will the world could have for Israel just got pissed out all over the ground.

I agree, this meticulously researched HuffPo/Buzzfeed/Breitbart article is the last straw that will turn the tide of world opinion once and for all, mixed metaphors be damned. This 200 word blog post, which consists entirely of hyperlinks, quotes of real journalists, and "clever" snark will finally

gently caress it

Eugene V. Dubstep fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Jul 26, 2014

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Cole posted:

They called leaving 30th AG and going to your BCT going "down range" when I was there.

I was confused by this when the Drill Sergeants also said "when you go down range..." "But I already am down range? :confused:"

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Godholio posted:

Cupholder guy has the straw in his mouth. :stonklol:

You gotta take pride in your work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

chemosh6969 posted:

Looks like D&D is in full force here.

Nah, so far I haven't seen Hamas being compared to a woman hitting a swarthy Jewish rapist with her purse.

• Locked thread