Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saturn889
Jul 13, 2014
Ventura's a dick and always talk out of his rear end. See any O&A clip with Jimmy Norton arguing with him. He resorts to disagreement by calling people "patriots" sarcastically.

Also, from the clips I've heard of Chris Kyle describing the incident, I would believe him - guess we will never know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saturn889
Jul 13, 2014

Snowdens Secret posted:

Is this the Jon Stewart "Because the Israelis have the good sense to build bomb shelters to shelter themselves from bombs instead of shelter their bombs and die topside, they're being totally unfair" argument?

Here's the piss rockets they're using these days:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZkCnel5Js4

Which Hamas can't aim worth a poo poo, hitting a hospital and a refugee camp, killing 20-odd Palestinians:

Of course the Al-Shifa hospital is already being used as a Hamas command center with an interrogation room right next to the ER. Journalists slipping up and mentioning this are getting death threats online and rather more direct ones in person.

Coincidentally I ran across this, from the former UK commander in Afghanistan:

I'm assuming the leaflet dropping is more 'Bad guy X lives in your neighborhood, move away or throw him out' as simple 'we're bombing here' leaflets go back at least to WWII. But he has a point that if you've used counter-IED tech (this is more for GiP than our D&D visitors) you've quite probably had your rear end saved by the Israelis at least once.

(This post typed out using an Israeli CPU)

They aim specifically for civilians. In their case lovely aim is a good thing

Saturn889
Jul 13, 2014

Snowdens Secret posted:

Also: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/30/world/africa/ransoming-citizens-europe-becomes-al-qaedas-patron.html

(emphasis mine)

Of course we pay some $400m a year to terrorists disguised as aid, so

A few top US corporations paid a gently caress ton of money in fines, when Obama turned up the santion heat and they didn't want to comply. IMO allowing Iran oil interests to do business with your bank IS funding terrorism directly, indirectly however you want to think about it.

• Locked thread