Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I will have to live with this title since I am too cheap to buy a new one.

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Sly just let me know what would be a good time for you and I'll carve it out this weekend. Today or tomorrow doesn't much matter.

Sorry Internet went out yesterday, how would today at 3 PM eastern work?

Edit: Or if we start now, like 11 AM eastern

Slywalker13 fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Jul 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Slywalker13 posted:

Sorry Internet went out yesterday, how would today at 3 PM eastern work?

Edit: Or if we start now, like 11 AM eastern

Let's aim for 3 pm ET, I just got up so I probably missed the window for now.

e: I'll be on starting about 2:30 ET, just hit me with a message.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jul 13, 2014

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
So UNC gets on the wrong plane and ends up in Naples instead of New Orleans and forfeits the NCG (just as well, probably face saving). This hotel, while it gives internet, does not seem to make it stable enough to play, hopefully itll get sorted out. To answer your other question Z (I am not typing this out on xbox live), we are awaiting housing placement. Hopefully should be soon and at that point my internet should be fast and stable.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Slywalker13 posted:

So UNC gets on the wrong plane and ends up in Naples instead of New Orleans and forfeits the NCG (just as well, probably face saving). This hotel, while it gives internet, does not seem to make it stable enough to play, hopefully itll get sorted out. To answer your other question Z (I am not typing this out on xbox live), we are awaiting housing placement. Hopefully should be soon and at that point my internet should be fast and stable.

Alas that we weren't able to play, but nothing was going to stop this team so it's not the most painful forfeit. Hokies finish 14-0, ACC Champs, National Champs with a 52-7 W over UNC. Defense did their thing and smothered the opposing offense.

There are 2 remaining Bowl Games for BC & FSU. Y'all have 24 hours, tomorrow evening I will advance us to the start of the off season and get the big post up.

Texas A. Wreckus
Aug 20, 2006

Welcome to the OVal Office

Alas that we weren't able to play, but nothing was going to stop this team so it's not the most painful forfeit. Hokies finish 14-0, ACC Champs, National Champs with a 52-7 W over UNC. Defense did their thing and smothered the opposing offense.

There are 2 remaining Bowl Games for BC & FSU. Y'all have 24 hours, tomorrow evening I will advance us to the start of the off season and get the big post up.

Will play at 6 tonight

Texas A. Wreckus
Aug 20, 2006

Welcome to the OVal Office
Well welcome back to this game after a hiatus I guess. What a horrible game. One of the most screwed I've been by EA.

4 turnovers to 0 for Mizzou, my players dropped clear picks every time when their linemen picked balls off.

2 stops on 4th and goal against me.

3rd and 13 using all my timeouts with over a minute remaining to get the ball back running a full blitz, Tigers RB jukes around entire team for game-ending first down.

First downs: BC - 20, Mizzou - 11. Total offense: BC - 458, Mizzou - 398. Not that that guarantees a win.

Whatever, ready for next season.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Well it's time to get real as Season 3 has come to a close. Time for our nifty mega post of season finale things!

Final Rankings
#1 VT 14-0
#3 NC State 10-3
#7 Florida State 12-2
#8 UVA 10-3
#9 UNC 10-3
310 Miami 10-3
#18 GT 8-5
UR: BC, USCe

Award Winners
D. Johnson HB Miami - Heisman, Walter Camp, Doak Walker Awards
D. Watford QB UVA - Maxwell Award
D. Nicolas DE VT - Bednarik, Nagurski, Lombardi Awards
R. Scott WR Miami - Biletnikoff Award
R. Ward C VT - Outland Trophy, Rimington Award
R. Kirby MLB Miami - Best LB
B. Facyson CB VT - Thorpe Award
B. Abbot K VT - Thorpe Award
C. Beatty P FSU - Ray Guy Award
C. Elder HB Miami - Best Returner
Coach Frank Beamer (JDMTyte) - EA Sports Coach of the Year award

What's crazy is that neither the winner of the Best Kicker and Best Punter awards made it to the 1st team of any of the following All American and All ACC Teams. I don't really get it.

All American/ACC Teams

First Team All Americans
HB - T. Edmunds VT
HB - D. Johnson Miami
WR - R. Scott Miami
C - R. Ward VT
RG - S. Lovelady FSU
RT - J. Goins VT
LE - D. Nicolas VT
DT - K. Harley VT
DT - F. Kallon GT
LB - R. Vandyke VT
LB - S. Rashad UNC
LB - R. Kirby Miami
CB - B. Facyson VT
CB - K. Fuller VT
SS - R. Jenkins Miami
P - A. Hughes VT
RS - C. Elder Miami

Second Team All Americans
LT - J. McLaughlin VT
LE - T. McCord Miami
RE - A. Chickillo Miami
DT - W. Teller VT
DT - O. Pierce Miami
LB - J. Elgue FSU
LB - T. Armbrister Miami
LB - N. Otis UNC
CB - K. Smith FSU
FS - S. Davis VT
SS - P. Williams FSU
K - R. Aguayo FSU
RS - J. Coleman VT

Freshman All Americans
QB - A. Parsons VT
C - T. Alexander Miami
RG - M. Crawford VT
CB - B. Gibson NCSU
FS - J. Treangen Miami
SS - C. Johnson UVA

All American Breakdown By School
VT - 15
Miami - 11
FSU - 5
UNC - 2
UVA, GT, NCSU - 1 per

First Team All ACC
HB - T. Edmunds VT
HB - D. Johnson Miami
WR - R. Scott Miami
LT - J. McLaughlin VT
C - R. Ward VT
RG - S. Lovelady FSU
RG - L. Turner UNC
RT - J. Goins VT
LE - D. Nicolas VT
LE - T. McCord
DT - K. Harley VT
DT - F. Kallon GT
LB - R. Vandyke VT
LB - S. Rashad UNC
LB - R. Kirby Miami
CB - B. Facyson VT
CB - K. Fuller VT
FS - S. Davis VT
SS - R. Jenkins Miami
K - R. Aguayo FSU
P - A. Hughes VT
RS - C. Elder Miami

Best and Worst of the ACC (only user schools count especially in the worst category)

Cream of the Crop
Miami had the most potent offense gaining 6420 yards.
Miami had the most potent passing offense gaining 4067 yards & 50 TDs
GT had the most potent ground game gaining 3808 yards.
Miami scored the most PPG @ 54.4
GT allowed the fewest sacks giving up 11.
NC State gained the most first downs totaling 284.
VT had the #1 total defense allowing 3199 yards on the season.
UNC had the best pass defense allowing 2305 yards.
Miami had the best run defense allowing 636 yards.
VT allowed the fewest points giving up 155.
Miami sacked opposing QBs the most doing so 63 times.
VT converted 3rd downs at the highest rate doing so 67% of the time (62/92).
VT converted 4th downs at the highest rate doing so 87% of the time (7/8).
VT had the best scoring rate when they reached the red zone doing so 93% of the time (59/63).
VT had the best red zone defense surrendering a score 68% of the time.
VT was the least penalized team with 8 for 99 yards.
FSU had the highest turnover differential at +21.
FSU turned the ball over least doing so 13 times.
Miami got the most takeaways with 35.

Poop on the Stoop
South Carolina had the least potent offense gaining 3773 yards.
GT had the worst passing offense gaining ~1000 yards
South Carolina had the worst rushing offense with 1600 yards. (of user teams)
Miami allowed the most sacks giving up 45. (of user teams)
South Carolina gained the fewest 1st downs with 182.
UVA had the worst defense surrendering 5181 yards. (of user teams)
UVA had the worst pass defense giving up 3717 yards.
South Carolina had the worst rush defense givng up 1724 yards. (of user teams)
UVA allowed the points giving up 364.
FSU got the fewest sacks totaling 13.
South Carolina converted 3rd downs at the lowest rate doing so 37% of the time.
NC State was the worst at scoring in the red zone doing so 77% of the time. (of user teams)
BC had the most porous red zone defense allowing a score 88% of the time. (of user teams)
NC State was the most penalized team with 47 for 438 yards. (of user teams)
South Carolina had the worst turnover differential at -9.

Players of the Year
ACC OPOTY - D. Johnson Miami
ACC DPOTY - D. Nicolas VT
ACC Coach OTY - THE COMMISH FOR MURDERING EVERY FOES DREAMS (Realistically Texas for bringing BC into the top 10).

We are now at players leaving where we will stay for 24 hrs there abouts. I'm keeping all my 90+ ovr JRs including both my 1st Team All American Corners.

This past season was a glorious thing with my players and my stacked coaching roster championing me to victory. I lost both my coordinators to HC jobs in this transition to next season, my defense is going to be way softer next year as my DC is only Lvl 13, but the offense has Les Miles so he's stacked at least.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Jul 15, 2014

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

So apparently Duke "Tha God" Johnson is going undrafted. Why might that be?

E: r2a by the way

John Brown fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Jul 15, 2014

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Don't know how I didn't get some kind of award after guiding a team with a terrible recruiting class and a freshman QB to a top 5 finish. I only had one AA lol, talk about overachieving.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice

GT had the most potent ground game gaining 3808 yards.
GT allowed the fewest sacks giving up 11.
GT had the worst passing offense gaining ~1000 yards
Do you know the next best/worst in these categories? It would be bad if I didn't end up getting each of these considering my playbook. I know I had one game where I didn't call a single passing play.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets

Final Rankings
#3 NC State 10-3
#7 Florida State 12-2
:psyduck: I beat NC State head-to-head and had fewer losses. Maybe my shellacking in the ACC title game is still fresh in the minds of the pollsters.

FSU had the highest turnover differential at +21.
FSU turned the ball over least doing so 13 times.
Ball control offense!

And somehow none of my rising Juniors (including Jameis Winston) want to leave school early. COOL!

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I can be taken off AP and am r2a.

I just lost my top corner to S Car for playing time reasons. He was going to be a starter after graduating three of them. I hate that that happens.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

The Piper posted:

:psyduck: I beat NC State head-to-head and had fewer losses. Maybe my shellacking in the ACC title game is still fresh in the minds of the pollsters.

Pollsters love that underdog!

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

The Piper posted:

This game literally cares almost exclusively about WHEN you lost 1st and WHO you lost to 2nd, and then it completely ignores how reality would work and shits out this crap anyway. But yes blame it on your late season loss, its the only reason this ranking would work out this way in EA Sports logic. IRL NC State with that record along with the rest of the 10-3 squads would be floating right at that 9-14 range imo. And at #2 prior with the beatdown you'd end up about where you did I think. The issue is more about how the other teams sorted out behind/infront of you.

We've proven a strong conference will ruin how this game's polls work, there is basically 0 reason why 3 years in a row we'd get a rematch of a game already played in conference. It was lovely in real life, and they've all been ugly blowouts (excusing this last one sorta but I do think it would have ended up a double digit W for me regardless). You'd hope the game would learn, alas all it sees is (ACC WON NCG, ACC PUT 2 TEAMS IN NCG, REPEAT FOREVER).

cletus42o posted:

Do you know the next best/worst in these categories? It would be bad if I didn't end up getting each of these considering my playbook. I know I had one game where I didn't call a single passing play.

I was 2 yards short of tying or surpassing your rushing total, no one was even close to you in passing yardage that low, and sacks I think the next closest was something like 18 or 20 sacks so not too far off. I think if there were adjusted values for how often you pass it'd look a lot worse (which is kinda true for GT irl when they are forced to pass a lot).

I'm feeling really crippled about my defense there is just no way it can ever be as nasty as it was this past year and for sure I'm losing a game or two next season. I don't even know who this D Coordinator is or where he came from...

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
GT r2a!

I'm losing everyone. :(

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Losing 14 starters to graduation/the draft. r2a

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Hm...I didn't lose anyone that I wasn't expecting to, I've got a D coordinator who's about level 24-27, and I will field literally the best team I have ever had next season.

I have no excuse to not kill everything.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

That is terrifying to me, but my QB is going to have another year under his belt and should be mid-high 90s speed and acceleration along with a decent arm. My OL is my biggest concern right now

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
UVA is going to be a dumpster fire next year. My QB was the only one keeping that thing afloat and now he's gone. :qq:

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

AfterFather posted:

UVA is going to be a dumpster fire next year. My QB was the only one keeping that thing afloat and now he's gone. :qq:
I feel the same way. Recruiting has not been nice to me and I doubt will get any better!

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Your QB of the future is prb an ATH recruit.

I feel like I'm the only guy that chases ATH, unlike IRL they frequently pan out as highly rated (sometimes better than the score you unlock) recruits usually at QB, WR, CB, or RB. There just aren't a ton of huge ones that end up as LBs/Linemen. It's how I've always identified and found my QBs.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

You're definitely not the only guy. Across almost every dynasty, my starting or backup QB is an athlete. I find athletes that are rated like 50th at their position and they end up having better stats than QBs who are top 10 at their position. Mostly I find guys to play the skill positions, and once in a while you get a guy who can play LB or DL

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

You're definitely not the only guy. Across almost every dynasty, my starting or backup QB is an athlete. I find athletes that are rated like 50th at their position and they end up having better stats than QBs who are top 10 at their position. Mostly I find guys to play the skill positions, and once in a while you get a guy who can play LB or DL

TE & LB are the hardest spots to get quality contributors it feels like. There are tons of WRs, RBs, CBs in terms of recruit populations but so few good ones from the TE, LB, feels like if you whiff on the top 5 or 6 guys you're stuck with a scrub. QBs you can manufacture, and the DL always has tons of players.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

TE is the scarcest position for talent by far.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
I feel like finding decent Offensive Linemen is the hardest thing in the game. Tight Ends my have lower overall ratings but I can usually find a decent blocking and receiving tight end. With linemen if you strike out early you will be hosed as most of them are only good at 1 thing and awful at others. I find the most important skills linemen can have are Acceleration and Impact Blocking.

I've been able to convert Hard Hitting Strong Safeties into Linebackers and they seem to fare pretty well.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Recruiting is now up. 24 hrs unless someone needs more time.

All the recruits that matter I'm fighting sly for so I guess we shall see how this plays out.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

JuCo players are super useful for getting g a one year starter or depth along the OL, YEs and LBs. Only issue with using SSs as LBs is they struggle to get pressure and often get trucked or blocked out of plays.

I also have no problem finding TEs, but then again, I used to feature them more prominently in my offense. Just go after the top targets, CPUs seem to devalue them and don't put enough pressure. I don't remember when it was, but one of my NCSU teams I signed 2 top 10 TEs who were both low-mid 80s their first year.

R2A

Diodeous fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jul 16, 2014

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Miami is r2a

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
GT r2a

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
UVA r2a

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Advanced to Position Changes. I am so boned at Safety after this season all but 2 of my safeties are seniors, and most of my corners graduate as well. I only have 1 scholarship TE. I enjoyed the ride while it lasted, but this season is going to be tough. Season after next will have some bright spots thanks to the youth on my team. There is almost no chance in hell I can sustain a 3rd straight year with the #1 overall defense in scoring and yardage with the attrition and poo poo by comparison coordinator.

Final Recruiting Rankings
#1 UNC
#2 VT
#5 NCSU
#9 Miami
#20 USCe
#21 UVA
#39 GT
#41BC
#60 FSU :wtf:

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
It looks like you grabbed all the guys we were competing for Z. Either that or the website is borked. God I hope it's borked otherwise I somehow didn't recruit a single QB, ATH, or CB. Also couldnt manage to replace my awful kicker despite recruiting two of them. If the game was all line backers I'd agree with the number 1 recruit class but I did not get an appropriate spread of players.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Somehow I missed out on the only two players I put points in and I really needed both of them. Going to be really hurting at WR and DT this year. R2a

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
leaving recruiting to the CPU has finally caught up to me. Not only did I manage to reel in the 60th ranked recruiting class this year but my team for this season consists of 99 OVR Jameis Winston and literally nobody else rated over 90 OVR. Gonna have to play some hero-ball with Jameis this season.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
GT r2a

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Da U is in pretty good shape. I'd be even better with another solid year of recruiting.

r2a

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I am unable to get Internet working tonight here. Can we wait until the morning for an advance?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Slywalker13 posted:

It looks like you grabbed all the guys we were competing for Z. Either that or the website is borked. God I hope it's borked otherwise I somehow didn't recruit a single QB, ATH, or CB. Also couldnt manage to replace my awful kicker despite recruiting two of them. If the game was all line backers I'd agree with the number 1 recruit class but I did not get an appropriate spread of players.

I won 2 of the 3 and South Carolina randomly snagged the 5* guy we were chasing which is just...strange.

I will have solid players, I just have a ton of seniors that have no home on this team buried on the depth chart at their respective positions. I need TEs, Safeties and as many offensive linemen as I can snag. I have no need for WRs, HBs, or QBs. I'm good at the skill positions for the forseeable future, just need to fill out those all important lines.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Advanced. Player Cuts.

I was a dumb gently caress and should have moved some worthless scrubs to 2nd string FB & TE so I didn't have to waste 2 roster spots on 40 OVR trash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Miami r2a

• Locked thread