Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

John Brown posted:

So uh, before that game I had the #1 rush defense in the nation. I had not allowed #100 total in any game beforehand.

Most of that came on one 80 yard run. But Edmunds was effective the entire game. No one else really was though. My home undefeated streak is now at something like 21 or 22 straight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
Well you guys may not have repeated your crazy game, but AfterFather and I just tore the house down.

GT loses in triple overtime to Virginia, 29-31.

Neither team had a clear advantage at any point. Virginia got 2 field goals in the first half and a TD in the second, and GT had the exact opposite. (though I was SO close to being able to finish it in the 4th, but AF held on tight and I wasn't about to risk going for it)

First this crazy play that had no right being in this game with 0 turnovers which was followed by a TD (this may have been 2OT, or maybe the 3OT, can't remember)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3H2MIGzNh4

Then my QB Lee FINALLY gets to run on an actual designed QB run play (the only play of the entire game that he got yards without scrambling out of a passing play) in 3OT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWBxMlRHoGk

2pt try in 3OT was so close

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrNJQC1e6DQ

And then Virginia was able to convert on their attempt, though I had thought I got the swat right as it happened

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M32bQf-Vuw

Great game AF!

Texas A. Wreckus
Aug 20, 2006

Welcome to the OVal Office
Sorry Piper I just got back from Bonnaroo today. I can play tonight or some other time this week.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
tonight around 9pm EST would be ideal for me.

Texas A. Wreckus
Aug 20, 2006

Ill be there

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Ready to rock?

Texas A. Wreckus
Aug 20, 2006

The Piper posted:

Ready to rock?

On now, sorry for the delay.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

FSU punches their ticket to the ACC title game with a 40-17 win over BC. My secondary was in beast mode with 3 INTs including a pick 6 right before halftime that really swung the game.

Good game, Wreckus

A season 1 ACC title game rematch looms...

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

The Piper posted:

FSU punches their ticket to the ACC title game with a 40-17 win over BC. My secondary was in beast mode with 3 INTs including a pick 6 right before halftime that really swung the game.

Good game, Wreckus

A season 1 ACC title game rematch looms...

Get ready for a reversal of fortune this time pal.

I think Dio might have a CPU game otherwise I'll advance this tonight when I get home.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

If I do have a CPU game I will try to take care of it before I go to my training session, otherwise I wouldn't be able to start it until 9pm EST

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

If I do have a CPU game I will try to take care of it before I go to my training session, otherwise I wouldn't be able to start it until 9pm EST

No big it can wait till the AM or late tonight. Try and get it in, I'll check it later tonight.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

You're right, I need to bully Maryland. I'm about to knock it out

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Looks like we've advanced and nearly everyone has a game.

User vs User:
V-Tech (ZSB) vs SCe (makev)
UNC (Sly) vs Miami(JB)

CPU Games:
Virginia
BC
NC State
FSU

Bye:
G-Tech

Sly MAYBE tomorrow night around 9pm CT would work. Otherwise it'll have to wait until Sunday night or Monday.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I will have to live with this title since I am too cheap to buy a new one.
Tomorrow night could work for me as well depending on the Internet at the Holiday Inn. I'm there until Monday morning and then I'm traveling until we arrive in Italy on Wednesday and who knows what the Internet is like. Good news is we have space to pack my Xbox in our luggage so hopefully I'll be able to continue both dynasties without a two month hiatus.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Glad to hear we will be retaining you. We had Mario playing from Germany across a couple of dynasties so I'm sure your distance won't be an issue

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Slywalker13 posted:

Tomorrow night could work for me as well depending on the Internet at the Holiday Inn. I'm there until Monday morning and then I'm traveling until we arrive in Italy on Wednesday and who knows what the Internet is like. Good news is we have space to pack my Xbox in our luggage so hopefully I'll be able to continue both dynasties without a two month hiatus.

I'd almost tell you not to bother cause man, Italy. But glad to have you if we can, this will run until the servers die so if you had to take a hiatus, it'd still be here when you got back.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Slywalker13 posted:

Well I wrote that last night, so tomorrow night is tonight. If we can't do that then let's aim for Sunday night.

I also appreciate you sticking around but it's gonna be hard to not get too distracted with Italy.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Well we get to the hotel tonight so it's still a maybe, check close to gametime and I'll let you know.

We are pumped although this move has been murder: it's our first with an infant and overseas makes it worse. We get an express shipment but that generally doesn't arrive for 2 months so we have to pack 8 weeks of everything we need into checked and carry-on baggage.

These dynasties are great and the only games I buy new anymore but I bet I may have to AP not infrequently. The job and town (Naples) aren't the best but I took it solely to have a good place to travel from so we'll be spending all our money and lots of my leave traveling on weekends.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Slywalker13 posted:

Well we get to the hotel tonight so it's still a maybe, check close to gametime and I'll let you know.

We are pumped although this move has been murder: it's our first with an infant and overseas makes it worse. We get an express shipment but that generally doesn't arrive for 2 months so we have to pack 8 weeks of everything we need into checked and carry-on baggage.

These dynasties are great and the only games I buy new anymore but I bet I may have to AP not infrequently. The job and town (Naples) aren't the best but I took it solely to have a good place to travel from so we'll be spending all our money and lots of my leave traveling on weekends.

Dude that's called "the life". Live it man, even at the expense of internet football glory.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

ACC S4: Life at the expense of internet football glory.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

ACC S4: Life at the expense of internet football glory.

IT SHALL BE DONE.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Sly, I'll be free around 9pm CT tonight.

Let me know that you decide.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Looks like everything should work. This is dumb, the hotel has one of the access codes you have to type in when it auto-redirects you the first time you log in. It wants me to do that even though I'm using an Ethernet connection. Anyone any ideas on how to more easily bypass it? Right now I type in the code of my phone's wireless connection then turn off it's wifi and change the xbox's MAC address to match my phones. It's worked before it's just a PITA and I worry about the connection.

Oh and don't worry, I'll be living the life; I'm just giving you guys a heads up if I duck out on games here and there. If I'm feeling generous maybe I'll share some nice photos from the Amalfi coast or Rhine river valley just to remind you that I'm getting paid to live in Naples :) Dunno how I managed to pull that one off.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

You really played like an rear end in a top hat - enough to make me quit the game, and maybe enough to leave the league too. You went for it on 3 4th downs when you were up. Yes you were playing better, but that's a lovely thing to do nonetheless.

ZSB, do what you want with the game. I just might be done with this poo poo.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Sorry for the 2pt conversion attempts. First one was me fat fingering the play call and not wanting to burn a TO to correct it as I figured I'd need them later. Second one was the CPU suggestion and I didn't do the math myself until after I finished.

My kicker is terrible and you seem to return well against me even with a good kicker, hence the wonky kickoffs and going for it on 4th down when I really shouldn't...I figure it's worth a 4th and 1 attempt instead of 20 yards of field position.

That first 4th down attempt was right before the half when I was down 10-14, I didn't think being down 13-14 would be of much use. The last one I addressed above and you can score and can do so in a hurry, with 3+ minutes to go and a 2 score game, there was plenty of time for me to blow it. I can't recall the second one but likely is just due to my punter not being of much use.

Sorry for playing like an rear end in a top hat, I was just doing what I thought was best to win the game and wasn't trying to run up the score.

Slywalker13 fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Jun 20, 2014

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

The two of you played a game to a finish. 29-14 is a 2 score game, I mean sometimes we all play like assholes if your team is doing all the right stuff. I just don't see what there is to be that hurt about, looked like it was a p close game. We are all bound to have years where we lose 3 games against other good players. Just keep on keepin on, ~*there's always next year*~

I can just see 3 or 4 4th down conversions when you feel like you won't win playing otherwise being reasonable in a game that was a 1 score game into the 4th. Frustrating sure, but not cause for like abandonment. I've blown plenty of games/had games where it all went to poo poo and I felt abused by just about everyone in this dynasty at some point or another. No lead is safe.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Jun 20, 2014

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Did not expect a 3 loss season from Miami this year.

The Coastal division is a bloodbath.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

JB, don't let this loss push you away from our sweet, sweet dynasty action. I've certainly been in the position where it felt like the other player kept twisting the dagger, but I can't imagine the intent was malicious.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Sorry, I just had a terrible week in life and at work. I still don't agree with your argument, Sly, but I shouldn't have bitched about it the way I did. You played well enough to deserve the win so I'm glad the game registered.

Going for it on 4th and...3/4 early in the game, and obviously the 2pt attempts, is what I really didn't like. Just tone it down a bit in the next matchup.

One thing that's not helping my case to stick around is the fact that I can't play defense in practice mode. I desperately need to work at the safety position but my disc freezes every time I try to switch to defense. This is something I used to do every few weeks to stay polished (because pass D at this dynasty's speed is a daunting task), but I haven't been able to do so for a while now. As a result I've been torched in the last few weeks, but really only by a hair. Some of you may have noticed that I've been an inch or two away from making some big picks. And lately, when I do make the play every single pick I've attempted with safeties on Miami, Georgia, and Nebraska has been dropped.

I'm gonna enjoy my weekend vacay and make a decision when I get back. Hopefully the time away will help.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
You may want to try and delete your game files for NCAA 14. Doing that really helped me out and fixed all the issues with this game locking up and freezing on me.

MAkev
Dec 15, 2003

Killed my sensei in a duel and I'll never say why.
Hey guys let's all be friends ok <3

Z let's play this weekend or whatever, text me

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

MAkev posted:

Hey guys let's all be friends ok <3

Z let's play this weekend or whatever, text me

I'll hit you up later today while I'm waiting for a dishwasher repair person haha.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

AfterFather posted:

You may want to try and delete your game files for NCAA 14. Doing that really helped me out and fixed all the issues with this game locking up and freezing on me.

Is it possible to save my playbooks to a USB? I don't want to have to mess with them again.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
I've never tried but I'm sure that you can.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

After a great vacation, finding out my cute coworker likes me, and getting a 6-month early raise, I'm in a much better mood and will stick around.

I'll also try deleting my files so I can get back to practicing pass D.

E: Hell yes! I can practice against the pass now...sorta. It still doesn't work while choosing random Shotgun Passes, but I can just randomize Shotgun - Normal instead.

John Brown fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Jun 27, 2014

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Are we still waiting for Wreckus?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

Are we still waiting for Wreckus?

Not anymore. Advanced to our last week of regular season games.

User Games:
VT @ UVA #Top10Match #COMMONWEALTHCUP

And because of attrition that's it.

I'll be around all today AF if you can get the game in so we can hustle this along.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
I'm on right now if you want to knock this game out.

Also we're so close to Wheel of Destiny

Wiccan Wasteland fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Jun 28, 2014

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I'll knock my game out, but after bowl season, it's looking like another 10 win season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
I had a visit from mom. I'll let you know when I'm available.

• Locked thread