Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
poo poo, I don't play Kancho until week 11. He'll probably be back by then. I also play at #1 JB.

On the plus side, I don't play Sly this year and he's beaten me the past 2 seasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

AfterFather posted:

Piper looks like we have a game. Would you like to knock it out today? I'm off for the rest of the day today.

Wanna play now?

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

I can't play during the AM hours so we'll have aim for the weekend. Or sim it?

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

AfterFather posted:

Hey will you be free any time soon?

Can we set a tentative time of 7pm EST tonight? Really anytime 7 to 11 is good for me tonight.

The Piper fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Apr 12, 2014

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

I haven't noticed anything too cheesy with safety blitzes. I was running stretch runs to the outside. A safety blitz would gently caress that up IRL too.

Winston goes 8/8 for a modest 90 yards passing but he combined with my RB for 200+ yards rushing in a nicely balanced attack. I got lucky when AF took his opening drive down to the 10 but threw into a zone for a huge INT. From that point on I never trailed.

Good game AF, you've got UVA into upper-middle class talent level and will make some noise this season.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Looks like we advanced and I play Cletus. When can you play? I'm pretty tied up today. How about tomorrow night?

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

cletus42o posted:

Piper, is tomorrow good for you?

Yes. 7:00PM EST would be ideal

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Good Game. Jameis went 11-11 and added another 115 yards in the ground. The godlike completion percentage is just a result of being able to scamper for a decent gain whenever my first read is covered. You absolutely did have some sweet triple option runs though.

Next victim: Der Juicen

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

der juicen posted:

Piper. Thursday or Friday are open.

Lets try for tonight. I'm open from 7:30 to 10:30PM EST.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

der juicen posted:

That's pretty much my work schedule. Friday after 9CST would probably work the best for me.

OK I should be available tomorrow night.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

der juicen posted:

Actually, instead of 9 I meant 10CST. Hannibal comes on at 9. :ohdear:

Ready to play?

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

The Nole Train rolls on 30-7. DJ put together a beautiful opening drive for a TD but everything after that was tough sledding.

Next user game: the de-facto ACC Atlantic title game against Dio's Wolfpack

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

der juicen posted:

Maybe 8, it just depends on if I get off of work on time.

Slywalker plays MAKev, not you. We haven't advanced yet.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Noles rest their starters and still spank Southern Miss. R2A

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Diodeous posted:

Yo Piper, when do you want to do the thing? I got time tonight, but tomorrow night is no good

hey Dio. Wanna try to play on Tuesday evening? 7 or 8 PM EST?

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Usually my game against Dio is the de-facto ACC Atlantic title game but Wreckus's BC squad is absolutely in play for the ACC Atlantic title this year.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

hey Dio, I'm going to have to re-schedule. I'm going out to a bar to watch Rangers/Pens game 7 with some friends tonight.

I can maybe play later tonight at 10pm (assuming the game ends in regulation) and I'm available from 7-11pm EST tomorrow night. I'll post here if I'm around to play after the hockey game.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Diodeous posted:

I can do tomorrow night at 9

OK that works

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Diodeous posted:

Piper, I got off work late, 915 ok?

Yeah that's fine

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Wow what a game. My heart can't take this...

FSU survives despite being thoroughly outplayed. 31-28.

Game changing moment 1: Dio scores a TD with 5 seconds until halftime to go up 21-7 and cap a dominant first half but decides to kick it deep. I return it for a TD and the Wolfpack lead at the half is only 7 points.

Game changing moment 2: I'm down 7 and throw my first INT with roughly 2 minutes left. I think I've lost. After a run for loss, Dio forces the ball into shallow coverage on (I think) a curl route and is picked off. I drive for a game-tying TD with 28 seconds left

Game clinching moment: Dio tries for deep passes instead of kneeling the ball and going to OT. On 2nd down he leaves the pocket, scrambles right and rather than throw it away he tries to run for some yards. My QB spy catches him and he fumbles, putting me in easy FG range with 9 seconds left. Game over.

Holy poo poo, great game. I was completely outplayed at the line of scrimmage but thanks to a miracle kick return before the half and 2 brutal late NC State turnovers FSU keeps their ACC title hopes alive.

Edit: after Jameis leaves, you're going to win the ACC Coastal regularly

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

JB's just frustrated because he knows that with FSU coming to town next week he needs to pick his game up.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

John Brown posted:

Piper, I should be free for most of Sunday and Monday. Let me know what works for you.

My Sunday and Monday are pretty booked. I could play Monday night around 8 or 9 or any night later in the week.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

John Brown posted:

Piper, are we still on for tonight?

Yep.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

BC can still win their division by beating FSU next week.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Wreckus, we have a game to decide the lesser division of the ACC.

Or is he on AP?

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

tonight around 9pm EST would be ideal for me.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Ready to rock?

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

FSU punches their ticket to the ACC title game with a 40-17 win over BC. My secondary was in beast mode with 3 INTs including a pick 6 right before halftime that really swung the game.

Good game, Wreckus

A season 1 ACC title game rematch looms...

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Did not expect a 3 loss season from Miami this year.

The Coastal division is a bloodbath.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

FSU is R2A. I'd prefer to play the ACCCG on Tuesday night.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Looks like Wednesday afternoon and evening is now my best time to play the ACCCG.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

If I play tonight i'd be playing intoxicated and I don't want that for a game as big as this. Tomorrow at 7pm is good

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

#mismatch

#hurtfeelings

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Final Rankings
#3 NC State 10-3
#7 Florida State 12-2
:psyduck: I beat NC State head-to-head and had fewer losses. Maybe my shellacking in the ACC title game is still fresh in the minds of the pollsters.

The Notorious ZSB posted:

FSU had the highest turnover differential at +21.
FSU turned the ball over least doing so 13 times.
Ball control offense!

And somehow none of my rising Juniors (including Jameis Winston) want to leave school early. COOL!

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

leaving recruiting to the CPU has finally caught up to me. Not only did I manage to reel in the 60th ranked recruiting class this year but my team for this season consists of 99 OVR Jameis Winston and literally nobody else rated over 90 OVR. Gonna have to play some hero-ball with Jameis this season.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

FSU R2A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

my preliminary skill rankings for next year:

starters rated 90 OVR or better (excluding P and K)
VT: 18 (10 are WRs or in the secondary)
Miami: 17 (10 on defense)
FSU: 10
UNC: 6 (Quinshad Davis Beast Mode)
GT: 6
NC St: 4 (your best player is your QB, but he only has 86 power and 90 accuracy)
BC: 3
UVa: 2 (fastest HB in the dynasty)

• Locked thread