Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I'm sorry ZSB, I just wanted to see if I could do it. Let me know if you'd like me to replay.

E: Miami is r2a

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

The Notorious ZSB posted:

I'm assuming you topped triple digits on the scoreboard in which case I'm just impressed.

Yea. It was something ridiculous like 115-7.

I put me entire second string in midway through the 3rd quarter.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I can never get 99 on defense
:negative:

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

He'll never get better that way.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

So ZSB what happened to the schedules haha?

Btw, we've advanced ya'll

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

7 user games in a row.

I like it but it's kinda :suicide:

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

There are those who said this day would never come. What are they to say now?

(Sigh)...So I've tried to play my game against Florida about 7x now, and 5 of those attempts resulted in a complete disconnect from XBL(I restarted twice because Florida's D owns). I've restarted both my modem and router, checked my XBL subscription info, disconnected and reconnected to my network, tested the connection, and tested my internet on other devices. The only plausible conclusion for me is to believe that my Xbox is on life support. It's a loving shame too because not only do I not get to clown on you fools with the best teams I've ever had in Miami and GA, but also my original white Xbox never died. The only reason I bought a black one was because the wireless adapter hooked up to my white 360 began to have problems maintaining a signal - on several networks.

It sucks that this is the way things had to end. If I knew there was going to be another version of NCAA later this year then I'd go replace this console right now. But honestly this is the only way to get me to peel the gently caress away from my controller and do even more poo poo than I already do with my time.

So as of today I will be bowing out of all NCAA dynasties. If anyone is interested in commishing the B1G/PAC12 (aka the Swag Dynasty) then let me know so I can transfer commish powers.

Nice efootballing with you goonies and add me on PSN: Loot_N_Scoot
Keep me on your friends' list because I just might get fed up with PSN's lovely online experience and jump to the One.

As for Piper, Dio, and the homie Kancho, hit me in the inbox if you want to chop it up from time to time. ZSB you have my number so hopefully next time I go to Austin we'll actually catch up for more than 10-15mins.

John Brown fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Mar 30, 2014

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I'd like Cletus or DJ to take over Da U and put you down.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Time Warner can't come out until Saturday but I could try and restart my modem & router before every game.

In other words I'm back I guess. Or at least until I lose all depth from lack of recruiting skills.

E: That is if I can actually not dc from a game.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Shoot me an invite. I don't see the league info in the OP.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

FYI Texas and I tried to play our game for the B1G/Pac12 and we disconnected twice. Even after I restarted my modem/router due to the inability to connect for a session.

You guys might have to sim me if I'm holding up the league.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

ZSB, who's my first opponent? Perhaps I can survive a sim for Week 1.

Also, in case you missed it I need an invite.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Let me join before you advance! When I rejoined the SEC dynasty I noticed that I still had my recruiting perks because the week hadn't advanced.

Maybe, just maybe...

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Miami is r2a. Time Warner still hasn't shown up but I still managed to complete the game after two attempts.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Welp! My recruiting perks are gone so it looks like I'll let the CPU takeover my board from here.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Miami is r2a

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

That's very close to my strategy. I, however, do pursue top players and almost always land them - or at least in the last couple of seasons I have. I've been told to look for great recruits around Weeks 3-4 but I never find any that are worth pursuing. I guess that's one area I could improve in.

As for generating turnovers, it depends on which position you play. The safety is all about manipulation and baiting the user into throws. It's the most risk/reward position as to this day as I still give up big plays. It's really inevitable, but what matters is how much more often can you get a pick. I tend to do good with that.

D-linemen is the most sought position to play because it's the easiet. Personally, I don't like it because I feel like I have less influence on each play. As a safety I can defend the pass and/or turn HBs/WRs back into the crowd when they're beginning to break away. Anyhow, if you master the DT/DE you can wreak absolute havoc for passing teams. There are times when it's single-handedly kept ZSB in several of our games.

As for LB, it's been literally years since I've played but it's obviously a mixture of both. I think MLB is great for pass-heavy teams with a mobile QB. For me it's pretty easy to get lost in traffic when pursuing a runner in the backfield.

So first I would chose which of those 3 you feel best suits you. From there I can offer more specific tips.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Safety and LB is where it's at for picks. Only the CPU and Sly(once) can just outright dissect my zone coverage.

Also, a lot of my INTs come from playcalling. I tend to give away some looks early in the game so that by third quarter you've dumbed down your plays. Typically if you have to pass against me in the second half you're SOL because at that point I can come out in formations(or even plays) that I've used earlier and make a change or two before the snap.

Another thing I like to do is play a bunch of zone in the first half, and then in the second half throw in some man blitz on long downs out of those same formations. Playing the safety helps minimize the risk on this. Blitzing less than 5 in zone is not the way to go or you'll get picked apart. Also, press man seems to give everyone in here fits but Sly and myself.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Friendly reminder that Dio and DJ HAVE CPU games.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Only took me 4 tried but I finally finished my game against Louisville. Arlt this point the only solution I can think of is to change the channel on my router.

I'll look into it tomorrow night.

E: This team is so loving good that I'm really not even trying that hard to stat pad. Duke tha God is insanely good in this game. I can square up anyone in the open field and make him miss guaran-loving-teed. Also, my front four rates 85, 94, 91, and 97 :getin:

e2: Holy gently caress the typos in this post. 2am is not my friend.

John Brown fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Apr 14, 2014

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I always forget that liquor stores don't open till noon on Sunday. TEJASSSSS LIFE.

Took care of that for ya. Honestly it's really stupid and inconvenient. Most registers for different stores/retailers are programmed to prevent purchases right until the very minute.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Edmunds broke the single game rushing record.

Duke tha God has a new short term goal :getin:

E: drat Dio, you throw picks like I take sacks...take a few more sacks per season.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Diodeous posted:

I had 7 dropped passes, the INTs were a result of me trying desperately to get on the board. Our first game was like 14-14 going into half-time, but 4 hours later I couldn't manage any offense whatsoever. The game was severely disappointing and it really felt like at the end of the first you were trying hard to run up the score even though my team was pretty lifeless on the field.

It's probably because of me. There are times when he falls asleep and I come storming back late in the game. Still, the first is the first and it's pretty hard to gauge running up the score at that point.

How has your recruiting gone with NCSU?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

It definitely is possible but it'll take at least 3 seasons. During the 2 seasons I had NCSU I always gave he and Kancho hell but would fall just short.

You'll def want to pour points into the recruiting tree and gain more pipelines. I think we've thoroughly discussed recruiting several times so I won't bother to go there again, but at this point you should be able to find a few gems at any position.

Also, you should try more types of option running. You're not going to beat VT by outscoring, so use the clock. I wouldn't go as far as to play keep away, but just take your time with setting up plays before the snap. Nothing frustrates a powerhouse team more than mounting a long drive. For me it makes me feel like I should be dominating and I would go into an unnecessary hurry up mode (not quite no huddle) once I got the ball back.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

It is definitely a feat...that won't be replicated against Da U.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Cletus, you and I play this week. I won't be available until Saturday.

John Brown fucked around with this message at 17:26 on May 1, 2014

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Week 6

User Matchups:
Boston College (Wreckus) @ North Carolina (slywalker)
Miami (JB) vs G-Tech (cletus)
Virginia (AF) vs Clemson (Kancho - AP)

CPU Games:
Wake Forest (DJ)
V-Tech (ZSB)
FSU (Piper)
SCe (makev)

Byes:
NCSU (Dio)

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

cletus42o posted:

Saturday/Sunday morning or Sunday evening are the best times for me on the weekend.

Let's shoot for Saturday morning at 10am CT. Is that good for you?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

These Canes are not ready for dem Hokies. Somehow this is the best rated team I've ever had but my O just wasn't there today. GT's Dline absolutely smothered my QB all drat game.

Miami survives are scare against G-Tech, 34-20.

John Brown fucked around with this message at 16:46 on May 3, 2014

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

^^E: ZSB has taken the coastal ever since I first got Miami. There is no way it won't be he or I. Sorry bud, it's just the way it is.

Yea that first long return was definitely gonna be a highlight if I could've punched it in.

I looked at your defense and it really isn't rated that high. You must've called a helluva game.

John Brown fucked around with this message at 17:13 on May 3, 2014

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Good job Texas! You've been having some trouble in the other dynasties so it's nice to see you pull such an upset.

Holding Sly to 17 is definitely impressive. He torched my zone defense last time we played.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

CPU Games:
NC State
BC
GA-Tech
SCe

Byes:
Miami
V-Tech
UNC
FSU

It's only right that we rest before war.

E: Bah I thought VT was my next opponent. Nvm

John Brown fucked around with this message at 12:44 on May 8, 2014

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Somebody's living the life.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

my QB makes less than 10 pass attempts. The Capn would be proud.

That poo poo is not gonna work against Da U lol. You'll have to throw and I'll be lurking.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

We both have our best teams ever right now, and next season will be even more true for me. Should be a fun next couple of games.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I am doing pretty drat good in both the ACC and SEC without the coach XP. Obviously it helps that I've already won two championships with this team, but it really forces you to admit defeat on recruits a lot sooner. I actually kinda like it because it's both challenging and fair.

E: But I would def prefer to have the extra skills at the end of the day.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I'm not so sure that I am as good as I used to be. I think when I'm the underdog I'm forced to play much smarter and strategically. There were many times when I lost to Clemson and VT by 7pts or less, and yet with Miami I still struggle. My offensive playcalling has become pretty poor and I've been contemplating refreshing my playbook with a pro-style base.

As far as another dynasty goes, count me out. I think this league and the B1G/PAC will go on for another 2 seasons or so. I will have had my fill of e-football by then.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Which teams run a pro-style offense? So far I can only think of Georgia, Louisville, Miami, and Stanford.

Any others?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Is Makev still with us?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Hey Makev, what's your availability like this upcoming week?

• Locked thread