Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diodeous
May 14, 2002

The Notorious ZSB posted:

e: on the topic of the schedule I'm still not sure how I keep playing NC State every year.
I'm no fan of it either. Gotta walk through Clemson and FSU to take my division. Yuck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I feel like with my recent SEC season preview it was like Kendrick on "control" putting everyone else on notice about the quality of their season preview capsules

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

USC I'll be free almost all weekend, so let me know

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

REALLY REALLY disappointed to see it end this way. JB, we should talk on gchat or facebook or something since I don't have PSN and you're someone I'd like to keep in contact with, given our mutual interests. If no one else is willing to commish your dynasty, I can take it on.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

MAkev posted:

One day I'll learn how to pass maybe

When do you want to play our game?

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

NCSU RIDE OR DIE

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

How is tomorrow (Wednesday) at 6:30pm PST/9:30pm EST?

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

MAKev I'm jumping on now, will need a couple minutes to take care of some stuff for the SEC dynasty, but shoot me an invite when you're ready

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

GG MAkev. NCSU over USCe. You've got a solid team, but you really need to vary your playcalling because it got kind of predictable or it was oddly chosen, like using PA on 3rd and longs. If you had broken out the PA calls in the 1st quarter when your run game was still successful, you would've had me on my heels. Your running game was successful, but late in the first, early in the 2nd, I started realizing the plays you were calling and it got kind of easy to predict what the play was, but not always the direction. Mike Davis is a beast in the backfield, so you were absolutely right to lean on him, but if you sprinkle in PA earlier, drop some option and screen plays in, and give Shaq Roland some more space to get open (move him around, sub him into the slot, etc) you will be tough to stop because your defense got some good plays here and there, they just spent a lot of time on the field

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

lol, you take the L in the SEC, but you keep the perks. What a twisted world EA makes us inhabit

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I pretty much do the same recruiting as you, sly, and I'm assuming most of us do something similar. I have my own little changes to your recipe, but overall, the same idea. I've just tried to focus more and more on filling out classes with JuCo players because I've found Sophomores that are 2-stars, but like 72-76 OVR which is good enough depth for special teams or if I really whiff on a recruit. There's always a ton of JuCo talent at QB/WR/DB/OL, but I mainly use it for the last 2 since a good WR or an ATH turned QB are not hard to find. ATHs are mainly what I use to fill out a class outside of top targets and often I cut a few of them if I have a full class, but the possibility of having someone who can give depth or start at multiple spots is promising to me. I know I won't out-recruit most people, so if I start losing points I usually back off quickly. If someone is in the low 70s and likes me as their #1 school and keeps giving me bonuses, I don't tend to try to close with them and I use their points for higher priority players because the chance of losing them is so low.

I tend to play DT or DE because if I can't generate pressure, I can at least try to be a run stopper. If I'm against a mobile QB, I give LB a shot but I blow too many coverage responsibilities. Really, Z is the one who I would like to be more like because he can play the DL well and generate a lot of pressure. I have a hard loving time running on him because he doesn't get fooled into playing too wide or over-pursuing, which I often do against players like Kancho who run all over me. I can't stop his counter plays

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I forgot. May not be able to play it til tomorrow

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Probably Friday evening or over the weekend, Z

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I'm free pretty much all day. Might take the dogs on a walk or something but that's about it

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

That should be fine!

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

That should be fine

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I hope I have a better showing against the Hokies today, but its never very close. I won one and lost one against AF yesterday so who knows which Wolfpack shows up

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I was laying down and didn't see your message. I'll be on in 5-10

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I had 7 dropped passes, the INTs were a result of me trying desperately to get on the board. Our first game was like 14-14 going into half-time, but 4 hours later I couldn't manage any offense whatsoever. The game was severely disappointing and it really felt like at the end of the first you were trying hard to run up the score even though my team was pretty lifeless on the field.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I meant end of the first half. It was 24-0 with under a minute left and Z was aggressively passing the ball on me and preserving the clock trying to score.

My recruiting has gone pretty well. My current QB should be a starter for this year plus 2 more and he's dynamic enough to do what I need. I'm set at most offensive positions, but I'm still searching for that game changing WR. The talent differential for my O vs the VT Defense isn't as bad as it has been in past iterations where my OVR or even O rating has dipped into the high 80s. My D is the big problem right now and I've been aggressively trying to improve them through recruiting. I don't have the speed to keep up with Z's players and maybe it is poor awareness or my poor playing, but sometimes they just get run straight past. At this point, I depressingly accept that I will likely never beat VT so all I can do is go out there and try to keep it interesting.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I have recruiting pretty much maxed out at this point and spend a lot of effort on it. I'll keep at it.

Mostly, I was so bothered by you trying to score again so quickly because of how inept my team was and how obvious the ineptness seemed to me. I thought you were just trying to take advantage of what was a "ripe" situation. After the way our first game started, it was infuriating to not be able to move the ball

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

My game is taken care of

Diodeous fucked around with this message at 01:14 on May 11, 2014

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Yo Piper, when do you want to do the thing? I got time tonight, but tomorrow night is no good

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

That should be fine. Let's say 8

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Yeah this is definitely your best squad. This is one of my better NCSU teams and you absolutely worked me over so bad that I got offended

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Considering there is no release on the horizon, we should just continue it out until we're like those weirdos playing Madden on PC still. (On the real though, I am kind of in the mood for a new dynasty where we've got small schools again. Those are the best times)

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I can do tomorrow night at 9

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Piper, I got off work late, 915 ok?

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

FSU over NCSU 31-28. Ultimately, it came down to a loving brutal fumble with 9 seconds left by my QB in his own territory. I got greedy and was trying to make sure it didn't go to OT (because I knew I'd lose in OT), and got blown up mid-scramble. NCSU outgained FSU 404-220. I had more rushing yards that Piper managed passing, limited him to only 49 yds rushing, but I got greedy and hosed myself. All game I had the mentality that this was my last best shot at going to an ACC title: I've been playing with yall for like 3 years now, and it took my over a year to even get my first user-game win and I've still never gotten a shot at the ACCCG, so I got real greedy. Good game Piper, may Xenu bless your squad

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Alright I can finally get a chance to beat Clemson

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Going to try to take care of my game tonight, if not, may not be able to do it til Wednesday

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Goddamn, dude, most people don't take VT that close, let alone drop 31 on them.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Yeah...but you still won handily?

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Hopefully tonight, worst case tomorrow.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I tried to play it last night but EA servers were down when I tried. When I get a chance today I will knock it out

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

NCSU over Clemson. I rang up 450+ rushing yds and only like 100 passing yds and no turnovers, so a good game. R2A

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Sly how is Monday for you?

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Since neither sly or I are going to be able to take care of this immediately, I have no qualms whatsoever with a sim. Sly said he wouldn't be able to play until Tuesday, but on Saturday I am leaving for 8 days and I don't want to hold up the league.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Who won our game? I won't be able to play until like the 8th, so yall dudes don't need to wait on me. "There's always next season"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I'm sitting in Raleigh right now and was wondering what college was here. Man did I feel like a loving fool when I realized the wolfpack was here

• Locked thread