Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
Makev, when is good for you to play? I have another game I'm trying to schedule for either tonight or tomorrow night in another dynasty that will have first dibs though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice

MAkev posted:

I can play tomorrow after 7 pacific time or thursday anytime
7pm Pacific and later is going to be too late for me on a weekday. If you can do sometime on Thursday from 6:30pm-10pm Eastern that would be best for me.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

MAkev posted:

Does 8:30 eastern work?
Perfect! See you then!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Georgia Tech over South Carolina, 21-0. Rough game there for the Gamecocks.

Carolina had a strong running game but unfortunately the passing game did more harm than good. GT's returning senior QB Vlad Lee throws 2 TD and rushes for 90 yards, but the defense made the big difference only allowing 59 yards through the air and picking up 3 interceptions.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
GT over TCU, 41-24.

QB Vlad Lee gets 4 TD, 2 on the ground, with 200+ rushing yards. He is a monster this season.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Cletus, you still going full triple option down at GT?
I'm not using the GT playbook, but I am using an option-heavy one. I'm a bit more used to running the option now, I have played with it a lot in both Madden and NCAA the last month. We'll see how the season goes!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
I'm never getting coach XP in this dynasty as it is, so I would make the jump.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Except I bet your assistants mysteriously are...but anyone that wants to change to DA U is more than welcome.
Yeah, but I like recruiting and going to a successful Miami would probably make up for the lack of recruiting bonuses.

BUT I decided I am going to stick it out at GT. I like having one team that has a much different offense than all my others from other dynasties. Recruiting also seems like it should go well this season.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
He's definitely not showing in the list of teams on the website. I was just looking there to see who we were still waiting on and saw that all games were played, but then realized that Miami was missing on the list.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

The Piper posted:

Looks like we advanced and I play Cletus. When can you play? I'm pretty tied up today. How about tomorrow night?
Tomorrow night I'm getting my SEC game in with Wreckus, so I don't know if I'd be able to fit another game in - if you're online and I see you, maybe we can make it happen. But I can definitely do Tuesday night - or today/tonight if you happen to free up.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Piper, is tomorrow good for you?

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

The Piper posted:

Yes. 7:00PM EST would be ideal
Ideal for me as well. See you then!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
GG Piper! FSU is crazy good and I was helplessly lost after you got the lead.

At least I'm starting to make some good triple option plays. Those are satisfying even when I'm losing.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Wanted to try posting a video for the first time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNDbkExd1to

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

John Brown posted:

Cletus, you and I play this week. I won't be available until Saturday.
Saturday/Sunday morning or Sunday evening are the best times for me on the weekend.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

John Brown posted:

Let's shoot for Saturday morning at 10am CT. Is that good for you?
Yep, that is perfect. I have to be home from 9-11 CT for a FreshDirect delivery.

If I have to pause the game abruptly at any point, it's probably my groceries arriving and I'd be away for maybe 4-5 minutes at most.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
That was easily one of my best defensive performances ever, I think it was just one of those games where my defense was hot and your offense was a little off.

Pretty awesome game though. GT was down 20-3 with the first half closing, but got a miracle hail mary (with a broken tackle to rush the last 5 yards in) on the last play to close the half. Ended up tying it 20-20 at the start of the 4th. Miami immediately fired back with a KR TD, GT went 3-and-out on the following drive, but stopped Miami by breaking up a pass to make it 4th and 10. Fumbled on the punt return and that was it. Miami scored another TD to finish 34-20.

edit - Wished I had a better kicker too. Your returner was scary, almost had 2 return TDs.

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 16:57 on May 3, 2014

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
From the Carousel thread, Texas had mentioned not getting home until tonight - so you probably won't hear anything until then.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

cletus - Got time tomorrow afternoon or evening?
Just got home from a weekend trip to DC. I might be able to play this evening - but I'm not sure yet. If not, most nights this week will be fine. If I can play tonight I will log in around 10pm Eastern.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

cletus - Got time tomorrow afternoon or evening?
Online now if you see this and can play soon.

I will hopefully be getting to sleep early tonight so I might be around for only an hour at most (obviously if we start a game I'll be around until it's done).

Texas A. Wreckus posted:

Hell yeah! Hopefully you had fun in my hometown!
Had a great time - wedding + reception at the Mellon Auditorium. First time seeing a Hindu ceremony, it was amazing. Ended up at the rooftop bar at the W after the reception and I guess we got some kind of crazy bottle service where they have sparklers in the bottles as they bring them to you - seemed a bit excessive but definitely exciting when you're already drunk. Memory gets hazy at that point!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Texas A. Wreckus posted:

drat that's big timin sounds like fun. Great view's of Obama's house from up there I hear.
Actually was there twice yesterday, once between the ceremony and reception to scope it out, then after the reception.. so I was able to get a picture during the day of the view:

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Yeah dude go to bed, not happening today. We can try for say 9 ET tomorrow though.
I should be online. Since we have two games, it'd be better if we could start earlier - at least, if we want to try to knock both out tonight.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Sorry, but I doubt I can play both the games tonight. So pick one and we can play that tonight and the other Wednesday prb earlier in the evening.
No worries. Let's do this one since it's been pending longer.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Owww, GT falls to mighty VT 48-3.

VT overpowered me in every way. That made me feel like I'd never played the game before. :)

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
I'll always be at a disadvantage here with no coach XP, though I do really enjoy playing as GT. I'm getting much better at running the option plays. Just wish I had a chance to build the strongest team possible to see how much better I could run them with higher rated players. If we start up a new dynasty to coincide with the next season of college football, I'm pretty sure I'm going to roll with the GT playbook regardless of what team I get.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

John Brown posted:

I am doing pretty drat good in both the ACC and SEC without the coach XP. Obviously it helps that I've already won two championships with this team, but it really forces you to admit defeat on recruits a lot sooner. I actually kinda like it because it's both challenging and fair.
Well, you are a better player than I am, so I'm sure it's less of a disadvantage for you than me!
I'll say it doesn't detract from my fun at all, though. I chose GT specifically because I wanted a tough(er) challenge!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
AfterFather is online now, you should message him first. Dunno if he wants to go 3 games in a row though.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Does anyone know what happened to mario? Did he get dissapeared during his trip to the US?
Sounds like he's been posting elsewhere in the forums. Last message he had posted in a dynasty mentioned being gone for a few weeks, and that was near the end of February. Not sure if anyone has PM'd him to ask directly, though. (edit - I went ahead and shot him a PM to ask)

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 16:53 on May 18, 2014

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
GT over Pitt, 52-13.

Memorable game - I didn't call a single passing play the entire game. Senior QB Lee rushes for 287 yards, 4 TDs. 526 total rushing yards for the team.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Slywalker13 posted:

Cletus I'll be home on Tuesday and will be free most of the time starting that day.
Cool, for now Tuesday evening is free for me.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Slywalker13 posted:

Cletus I'll be home on Tuesday and will be free most of the time starting that day.

cletus42o posted:

Cool, for now Tuesday evening is free for me.
Still good for me tonight. I do have to launch some stuff for a client tonight around 9pm Eastern, so if we're in the middle of the game at that point, I may have to pause for a couple of minutes. What time do you think you can be on? (I'll get home around 7:30pm Eastern)

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Slywalker13 posted:

How about 930 Eastern? Will that be enough time for you to be done with work stuff?
Yep that's perfect. It should really only take me 5 minutes at most. I'll definitely be good by 9:30 outside of a major emergency.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Hey BTW Mario let me know that he isn't returning to any dynasties, so we should go ahead and remove him.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
GT falls to UNC, 26-28.

Scored a TD on a 4th and 21 late in the 4th. Go for the 2pt to tie it up and come up short. :(

I tried to challenge, but the option was disabled. I'm pretty sure he gets in!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3I7uKba_oc

:argh:

GG Sly! Last season you destroyed me, so I was glad that it was a bit more competitive this time. Your pass rush was intense!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Slywalker13 posted:

UNC over GT 28-26 coming down to a failed 2 point conversion by GT (he looked in to me) with a minute left. Good game Cletus, too bad the studder step problem sort of nerfs the pitch of a triple option, playing out of a wishbone offense can be lots of fun. Did you make a few bad calls on the option or were my guys just all over you that fast? I have to just stick to zone reads as if I add in veers and midline reads, I get confused and give the ball to the wrong guy.
Well the stuttering is usually my fault. It doesn't happen if you keep the accelerate button held down without letting up when the pitch happens. I'm pretty sure of that, at least.. I know it doesn't always happen.

Most of those blown options were triple options, and your read defender stayed on the HB, but your pitch defender was reaching the QB before the option to pitch was available. The one time I scored off of it, I had to pitch the instant I could.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJ1kt2uSXTE

I should have mixed up the option plays a bit more. I just love the WR motion options!

Slywalker13 posted:

Wish I saved the replay of that one counter that you blew up but Morris breaks like 3 tackles and takes it in for a TD.
I was going to mention that in my post. I was so sure I had him for a loss, too!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Diodeous posted:

Texas, I'm back home again. We can play any time tomorrow, just let me know
Welcome back Dio! Was fun getting to hang out the other night! Paid for it slightly the next morning, was glad I had already told work I'd be working from home that day. :)

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
AF, we're up. I have a game scheduled tonight with Dio in another dynasty first, but might have time to fit in another after if you're around tonight.

Otherwise, we'll have to wait until Sunday night at the earliest - I'll be in Mystic, CT this weekend.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Hey AF, looks like I JUST missed you. Got home, put stuff away, then logged on and it said you logged off 3 minutes ago. Bummer!

I have the Carousel game set for 9:30pm Eastern, if you could play earlier than that, that would be best - I am exhausted after driving back from Connecticut. Otherwise, tomorrow evening should be fine for me.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Well you guys may not have repeated your crazy game, but AfterFather and I just tore the house down.

GT loses in triple overtime to Virginia, 29-31.

Neither team had a clear advantage at any point. Virginia got 2 field goals in the first half and a TD in the second, and GT had the exact opposite. (though I was SO close to being able to finish it in the 4th, but AF held on tight and I wasn't about to risk going for it)

First this crazy play that had no right being in this game with 0 turnovers which was followed by a TD (this may have been 2OT, or maybe the 3OT, can't remember)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3H2MIGzNh4

Then my QB Lee FINALLY gets to run on an actual designed QB run play (the only play of the entire game that he got yards without scrambling out of a passing play) in 3OT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWBxMlRHoGk

2pt try in 3OT was so close

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrNJQC1e6DQ

And then Virginia was able to convert on their attempt, though I had thought I got the swat right as it happened

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M32bQf-Vuw

Great game AF!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Game keeps crashing on me when I try to start up my game against Georgia, but I should have it in soon.

• Locked thread