Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

CommieGIR posted:

Because a lot of these 'movements' are backed by celebrities and political organizations that need to die in a fire.

Seriously, I think the real answer is that if a high profile celebritie's child passes away from a disease they were not vaccinated for, that would drive a stake through this movement's heart faster than any amount of published studies.

My friend tried a long time to get pregnant and finally had a baby girl last year. She wasn't entirely against vaccinating but wanted an alternate plan that would "spread out" the vaccine. I think at the end of the day, like some folks above mention, a baby is a really precious thing and people cling to this primal out of sight out of mind instict that says "well I could do nothing or take it slow and hope nothing happens..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread