Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
They're pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Even if you were 99.9999....% sure Smallpox was completely eradicated you'd still want vaccinations for it. It's really, really not something we want to deal with again if it turns out we were wrong.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
There are a lot of smart people and a lot of stupid people now. There were lots of smart people and lots of stupid people in the past. People aren't stupider than ever, technology just makes it easier for stupid people to demonstrate to large groups of people how stupid they are and the extremely rapid population growth over the past couple centuries means that the absolute number of stupid people rises rapidly too even if the proportion stays the same or even shrinks..

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Alex Jones staying classy as ever:

quote:

Jones, who helped Paul get elected to the Senate in 2010, called CNBC's Kelly Evans a "whore" and "pimp" for "signing on to a system of murder, you little piece of trash, tramp, filth, scum woman!"
Jones said "Rachel Maddow, Obama, Fox News, Bill O'Reilly, all of them, attacking anybody that tells the truth. They're just like, 'There are no side effects, it's totally safe, and it will protect you, you will not get the measles, if you get this shot.' All pure bull. Doesn't protect you. Can give you the measles -- super dangerous."

He later added that the government is trying to "bully us into medical tyranny. That's what Obamacare is. It's a bunch of forced inoculations, rationing the care. This is the same government that puts troops on secret no treatment lists to die. They don't have the moral authority to tell us anything with their history of secret testing and the rest of it! It's sick! It's a sick joke! Man -- these people make me want to throw up."

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I've had an anti-vaxxer literally argue with me that killing off all kids who aren't naturally immune is survival of the fittest and eventually everyone would be naturally immune. When I pointed out that Smallpox was at least ~10k years old they ignored it.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
When I was in college, one of the first cases of H1N1 in the US was the room mate of one of my friends, who had just come back from a vacation to Mexico. Dude had to be carried to the hospital on a stretcher and my friend was quarantined in his dorm room for like a week. I haven't missed a flu shot since, gently caress that poo poo.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Pro-tip for the US health system: If you ever think, "X is the only sane way to do this, of course they do it in way X!", you're wrong. We do it in the most expensive and inconvenient alternative possible.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
To be fair, children who get vaccinations are way more likely to shoot up heroin as adults than children who die of easily preventable childhood diseases.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
In vaccine news, Rubella has finally been officially eliminated in the Americas as there have been no endemic cases in five years, and Europe/North Asia is expected to follow soon. gently caress you anti-vaxxers, we're killing diseases with or without you.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
That specific article doesn't mention it, but birth complications caused by women getting rubella when pregnant are ironically one of the few known causes of autism.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Buried alive posted:

It's also entirely possible he heard about all of that, but assumed the documentary would be informative and not be basically a propaganda piece.

Why would he assume a guy making a documentary about himself wouldn't basically be a propaganda film?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Monsanto the current Ag company also is largely not the same company as it was during the Vietnam era, there have been a bunch of mergers and spin offs and all that corporate jazz and pretty much all that remains is the name and a few of their bigger Ag products, while the rest of the company that did non-Ag stuff has a new name and is completely separate.

• Locked thread