Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Selfishness, mostly. Anti-Vac people have been around forever and my grandma swears to this day that the old MMR vaccine gave my aunt mental issues. My mom fortunately just played it off as 'she was already not bright' and vaccinated but a lot of it is fear and a terrible grounding in history. People growing up today haven't seen the mass illnesses of smallpox first hand and people crippled by polio so they think of it as distant and quaint instead of realizing the reason they don't see it was vaccination in the first place. As you've said, you're already seeing their thought processes coming home to roost and once herd immunity gets weak some bad things are going to happen.

The increase in autism is mainly tied to better diagnosing and people not relating correlation to causation I believe.

It all comes back to selfishness however.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread