Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Big Farma is all about money that is why they insist you take your vaccines on a particular schedule. If you took the vaccines in any other order/timetable they wouldn't make as much profit because something something fiscal year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

No you see smallpox was just misundersto :commissar:

It's only a matter of time until we have to find some sort of permanent solution to the anti-vaxxer problem.

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Jan 25, 2015

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

thrakkorzog posted:

Hey, when was the last time you saw somebody self-diagnosed with a Bipolar disorder? That was all the rage back when I was growing up.

It got replaced by borderline\assburgers for girls and boys respectively.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

That was when he started challenging vaccines. He said viruses — not vaccines — are a part of the natural world. “Unfortunately, they mean that some people get sick and some people die,” he said. “But the reality is that we can’t inject our children with chemicals.”

Truly a fate worse than death. Not to go all godwin and all but has anyone actually proven that pushing people like this up a chimney would be unethical?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
There might have been successive plague waves whenever a new generation of unexposed grew big enough to sustain an epidemic but that is but a small price to pay for living free from toxins.

The plague comes to your village, half the population dies, your parents, your brothers and sisters are all dead. You survive this living hell, meet your wife and try to forget all the horror. 30 years later the plague returns, you are safe because you already had it once but half your children die and so do most of your grandchildren. But thank god at least none of them were autists.

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Feb 6, 2015

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

VitalSigns posted:

Don't let Big Pharma tell you your child can't enjoy a peanut butter sandwich at school. Let other parents make decisions about what their child eats and they should respect your decisions. You're a parent so you know what's best.

Ordering my child to stop offering your kid a bite of his peanut butter sandwich on the ground that your kid is allergic is an unacceptable infringement of his freedom of religion. My child is pretty big on sharing, it' part of who he is. If you cared so much about allergies maybe you shouldn't have vaccinated your kid? :colbert:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
That forum is... something else.

quote:

I'm frustrated also
My husband and I are also exhausted from the constant barrage of anti-vax sentiment on the radio, Internet, television, etc..
We listen to NPR every morning and lately there is a new piece every day. I was curious to see where the push is coming from so I looked into who their supporters were; I wasn't surprised to see the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation listed as well as Glaxo Smith Kline and a number of science research foundations involved in developing vaccines.

Since these pro-vax organizations are giving money to national public radio, which prides itself on unbiased and fair reporting, it isn't difficult to see how they have been influenced.

Try to tune them out and stop listening and reading the articles that make you second guess the well-researched decision that you made regarding your children's health.

Yeah, don't read anything that might make you question your "research".

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Ytlaya posted:

the woman who created this thread doesn't care at all and even makes up some bullshit about vaccines somehow being the things spreading the diseases.

I read their forum and you see that a lot. They're getting all this heat from the poo poo they are causing and they're just turning it straight around and going "nuh uh, it is you who are the filthy disease spreaders".

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Habibi posted:

What you need to know: This *new* study from 2011 compares disease rates among children in the general *German* population to *self-reported survey results* from *mostly American respondents,* allowing the writers (and posters) of the article to conclude that, "many children and adults have diseases and disorders that are vaccine induced."

:psyboom:

Well at least this independent study is self-funded and is not sponsored by a large “credible” non-profit or government health organization with political and financial conflicts of interest.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I'm pretty pessimistic about this whole thing, I don't think there will be any convincing of significant numbers of the population before we get several dead children. Only after we see some desperate mother screaming her head out in front of her antivaxxer neighbors house because they killed her newborn will we get enough public outrage for making vaccines mandatory and serious penalties for antivaxxer parents a reality.

This poo poo will only go away when antivaxxers become as publicly reviled as racist-smoker-homophobes.

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Feb 11, 2015

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

happyhippy posted:

If 30 dead kids didn't cause an uproar about guns, vaccines sure won't.
It will take a good percentage of the population to die before the rest get around to thinking that they are a good idea.

The reasoning with guns is that "it can't happen to me, my guns are always* securely locked", get enough dead kids and the reasoning with vaccines will become "those fuckers want to send their filthy diseased groin gremlins to my kid's school?"

* ok, almost always

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Solkanar512 posted:

Why not instead advocate for removal of non-medical exemptions and take the choice to risk other people's lives out of their hands?

Yes but enough about Hitler. :godwin:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

When she got pregnant, Moore and her husband delayed immunization for Sierra and Savannah

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that her mistrust of Big Pharma preceded her problems with Lariam.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Well this was pretty :laugh:

«Biologist who dismissed measles as ‘psychosomatic illness’ and offered €100,000 to prove him wrong, proved wrong»
http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/mar/13/measles-sceptic-must-pay-doctor-100000

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Dalael posted:

Okay. I will roll with it. How would you suggest that I proceed? I have many anti-vaxxers in my family and I would love nothing more than get them to vaccinate their kids.

CPS your enemies, vaccinate their children, hear the lamentations of their women.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

That Works posted:

Yes but not the 'tism

Actually it would cure the 'tism but unfortunately the child can't get measles because of the vaccine. :negative:

The only way is to infect the child with measles before 2 years old so it gets protection from the 'tism, sort of like a vaccine actually. Measles was Nature's way to fine tune our brains at that crucial stage and we scorned her gifts at our peril.

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 16:39 on May 10, 2015

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

I've read some that deny any link, and claim smallpox rates went down due to improved sanitation, and actually the WHO's vaccination programs in the last remaining pockets of the world actually perpetuated the disease longer.

My only answer to that would be "smallpox was eradicated due to improved sanitation in the 70s? have you ever been in Africa?"

e: Christ almighty what am I saying? Smallpox is airborne, how the gently caress is improved sanitation going to make a difference?

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jul 1, 2015

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Centripetal Horse posted:

Guys, chugging chlorine straight out the jug in your pool supplies closet is dangerous. Yet, we let our children sprinkle those little packets of salt on their food. Does that make sense? we pump it up our children's rear end and it cures autism. You can't explain that.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Kid didn't get vaccinated. Kid didn't get autism. This pretty much settles the question.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

PT6A posted:

What kind of mental gymnastics does it take to argue against mandatory vaccination as a matter of personal choice, yet also wish to prohibit a 16 year old from making their own medical decisions with informed consent?
It wasn't informed consent, she was brainwashed by Big Vac.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Understand the difference between Newtonian physics and Quantum physics and their corresponding impacts on biology.
OK, I'm gonna admit that I'd love to hear this.

quote:

Understand how environment and emotion impact biology and health, and articulate the limitations of genetics as destiny.
What does this even meeeaan?

quote:

Provide a critique of the role of private pharmaceutical companies on the provision of health care options
:golfclap:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

torpedan posted:

Usually these graph includes data covering much higher mortality so that due to the scale of the graph you cannot see any reduction after The 1950s anyway. Either way, it's better to look at the number of infections as opposed to how many people died as it's much easier to spot the effect of the vaccine as opposed to looking at the effects of improvement of medical care.

They'll argue that even if the vaccine reduced infection rates - and ~*we know*~ a vitamin D supplement would have the same effect - it doesn't matter if people were getting measles because no one was dying from it. Why fill your child's body with toxic chemicals and get the 'tism?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

thrakkorzog posted:

Good luck with that.

This wouldn't be the first time somebody set up a new religion to try get around the law. And the courts tend to come down hard against made up religions designed to skirt the law. Just ask the Scientologists.

That might not be the best example. Unless :thejoke:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Jack Gladney posted:

Is the "worm" his sloughed-off intestinal lining?

It's removed toxins in aspic.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I missed one religious angle to this before. The faithful say that to god nothing is impossible, which means that if he didn't cure the Black Plague or smallpox it's because he didn't want to. It stands to reason that every true believer should oppose vaccination on the grounds that it prevents god from sending plagues to punish us when we deserve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

thespaceinvader posted:

Which is dumb as poo poo because (if you believe that kind of thing) he sent us the scientists who cured the loving plagues for a reason.

It's like that old joke about the dude stuck in a life raft who is approached by a nearby boat, then a rescue boat, then a rescue helicopter, then a submarine and refuses them all because 'god will save me', then ends up in heaven and asks god why god didn't save him and god just replies 'I sent a boat, a rescue boat, a helicopter and a loving submarine, what more did you want?'

People using religion to justify science-less bullshit is just dumb on so many levels.

I was just being facetious, ultra-fundies should have no problem with vaccines because they believe god could just make super ebola flu to get rid of us any time he wants.

• Locked thread