Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scissorfighter
Oct 7, 2007

With all rocks and papers vanquished, they turn on eachother...

I didn't find the movie boring at all. It seemed like every 5 minutes there was some new amazing imagary to blow me away. I tend to gravitate more toward visually strong movies, but that's not to say the script or acting were weak. They just aren't as notable as the insane deluge of visual art the film presents you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scissorfighter
Oct 7, 2007

PriorMarcus posted:

This was me. I've not seen the film since it was released yet but a lot of the stuff mentioned so far from the third act doesn't align with the cut I saw, and bits sound shifted around.

Could you give a detailed account in spoilers of what you remember of the 3rd act?

Scissorfighter
Oct 7, 2007

PriorMarcus posted:

It's late here (UK) so I'll do a quick summary and answer any questions tomorrow but basically;

stuff.

I liked the theatrical third act alright but that sounds infinitely better. I hope it's released in some form.

Theatrical spoilers: It sounds like the only thing I'd miss is Noah leaving Ham's innocent girlfriend to be trampled by the mob. It was the first moment that we're shown God's morality and man's cannot coincide.

Scissorfighter fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Mar 31, 2014

Scissorfighter
Oct 7, 2007

Pedro De Heredia posted:

This alleged 'third act' sounds absolutely nonsensical and made up. The whole thing about Noah having a vision of him fighting in wars culminating in him being an American soldier is a total ripoff of that unproduced Gladiator 2 script in which Maximus ends up fighting in all these wars and ends with him being in the Pentagon.

I'm pretty sure that part of it is just a misunderstanding of what's already in the film. The silhouettes of war throughout history, including modern soldiers. The 2 time-lapse sequences were my favorite parts, by a mile. Just utterly fantastic.

Scissorfighter
Oct 7, 2007

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vwrxBUlqgM

Watching "Creationists" and Masters Degrees in Biblical History and "Scientists" talk about the evils of the movie and the REAL story.

Around 16 minutes they try to attack the movie's "agenda" to portray God as a child killer, but their defense is "we have all sinned so we all deserve to die." Doesn't really work against God's baby killing.

Edit: Godwin's law violation at 23 minutes.

Scissorfighter fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Mar 31, 2014

• Locked thread