Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
Yeah like '90-93 or so was kinda weird because you'd see the hot new Def Leppard video right after the hot new Soul Asylum vid in the Buzz Bin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Henchman of Santa posted:

Because hair metal was already dying and it's not like all the people that were listening to hair metal suddenly jumped on the grunge train and never looked back.

It's not really that hair metal fans moved on to anything one way or the other, but that they weren't teenagers any more, and subsequently no longer the target demo of the music industry. Same thing happened to grunge a few years later.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Crackerman posted:

Why the hell doesn’t Jerry Cantrell just make mournful acoustic music? That’s what he’s best at, especially now. I want another Jar of Flies.

He and James Hetfield should quit their day jobs and tour as a country duo.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

crikster posted:

All in all, the committee seems like the kind of people that would let Hannah Montana step in for an Alice in Chains reunion.

Am I wrong for wanting to actually see that?

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Bulging Nipples posted:

She got nominated for a shitload of grammies and has seemed to be a pretty big deal from what I've heard. I live in New Zealand at the moment though so I don't know how much is just kiwis being stoked about her success but I get the impression she's pretty well known back in America from everyone I've spoken to from back home.

Even rap stations were playing her song for a while there. She was huge last year.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
120 Minutes actually predates Headbanger's Ball by about a year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
Tim Burton at the video dating service. He's like the next Martin Scorseez.

• Locked thread