Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ganson
Jul 13, 2007
I know where the electrical tape is!

Suspicious Dish posted:

They still seem to believe that dynamic linking is the devil, so it's hard to write a solid Go library.

Admittedly for most contexts in which I would use golang, dynamic linking IS the devil. Go is a great language to pick for operations code where you would have used python or perl 10 years ago. Back then you would just have had to eat the pain of dependency management for a non-mainstack language (or do something in c and eat the pain of THAT). Now you just ship a static link binary and call it a day.

Ganson fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Apr 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganson
Jul 13, 2007
I know where the electrical tape is!
I'd also really like to see a field report for the delve debugger on VS code, liteide, and atom. I've been meaning to look at it but I don't want to go through a bunch of install docs for something that may or may not be worth the trouble.