Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Copland
Apr 27, 2014

Azazel posted:

Been using Go professionally for over a year now. Love it.

What kind of projects do you use it for? I love the philosophy of Go, but what has always kept me from putting the effort into learning it was thinking that I wouldn't get much mileage out of it in my day-to-day life.

Just so you know where I'm coming from, I use Ruby a lot to automate workplace tasks. Most of the code I write is imperative, but I do take advantage of the methods that come with the standard classes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Copland
Apr 27, 2014

SavageMessiah posted:

The fact that it produces statically-linked executables makes it much easier for me to hand them out to other folks who might not have the same stuff installed.

Between this and the simple standard library mentioned by Azazel, I think I will give it a try. It really does sound right up my alley.

I just hope that I don't run into too many frustrations with it on the Mac.