Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mondomole
Jun 16, 2023

Startyde posted:

Ebitengine is a game engine but makes for an amazing x-plat/x-arch UI middleware. For whatever reason I have an easier time with it than building web UIs to serve out.
Was inspired by some firm's use of it for dataviz, I forget who now though. :v:

Have you seen https://github.com/rivo/tview? Not as good as a game engine for general graphics, but if you're looking to to upgrade a CLI from a bunch of flags to something more interactive, you get a pretty high impressiveness-to-effort ratio out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mondomole
Jun 16, 2023

30.5 Days posted:

If you’re doing that direction you could also check our charm.sh

Did you make that?? Those examples look incredible. I'm moved over to Rust and C++ for work these days but will recommend charm.sh for future gophers :)

mondomole
Jun 16, 2023

30.5 Days posted:

Naw I'm not that cool lol

Look we’re talking about terminal UIs in 2023. I think it’s safe to say nobody involved in this product or it’s discussion is cool :)