Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twitch125
Mar 11, 2003

Bull in the China Shop

Hadlock posted:

I've been using VS Code 1.7+ with the golang plugin and hot drat am I ever a happy camper. It's bare bones but it's a very streamlined bare bones.

I love VS Code, I use it at work with js and at home.. this extension: https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=lukehoban.Go has been awesome, is this the one you are referring to? It installed gocode and a few other helpful things also, even though like MSSQL, I've found I never end up using the intellisense stuff, but the syntax help is awesome, like when it tells me I don't have to specify a string type because it can be inferred. I figure those are things Ill learn as I go more into it, but for now it is great. Loving Go so far! Im pretty dogmatic about syntax style, to the point my colleagues poke fun at me, and Go has been sort of reinforcing for me in that regard, haha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU