Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang
Is there a really good book about learning Go?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang
Thanks for the tips. Going over the specs and doing the tour will definitively be a part of my self-learning. But I found that, for me anyway, you just can't beat the quality of a really good book :)

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang
I finally have some time and a project idea to learn Go. I want to make a True Random Number Generator by reading raw files from a webcam aimed at a nearby tree. I figure I could diff images, hash that, etc.. This probably exists already but oh well.

Any pointers, word of advice, or should I just head into it? I'm not a very good developer, programming is more of a hobby and I'm only average in C#.

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang

Eela6 posted:

Go is a bad language for numerics. That said, it's as good a project as any to learn Go with; if it's what you want to do, go for it.

Well honestly the other contender is Rust, but it seemed exceedingly complicated for an amateur like myself. Go is easy, I've been told.

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang
Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll stick to Go then :)