Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.
The full release is out now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bo42NWQrIOM

Stability and performance has been significantly improved since the last release. It's not perfect, but at least for me loading times only take 10-30s now (used to be over a minute) and the framerate is smooth with High quality settings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.

IUG posted:

Maybe that's a valid reason, but at the same time, I'm tired of exploding three times in a row when my armor has been upgraded to level 3 at this point. Or a tire flying off if I brush another car. The game seems to make the opponents nearly invincible.

I also have no idea how to use that powerup wheel in the bottom. Was there a tutorial? Once I get a powerup, I'm stuck with it, and I can't figure out how I'm supposed to assign something to the DPad.

At least my FPS went up with the final version. Load time is about the same.
The PIS (Powerup Instant Selector) is a separate thing from the collectibles, you can find the tutorial for it in the main menu under Stuff > Tutorials.

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

Yodzilla posted:

Yeah sorry I wasn't trying to be combative, that was just me being an annoyed dev at another game being released done but rough and not being called beta.
They spent a year in EA and even delayed the release so it's not like they rushed it. :shrug:
It is weird though, I have a much lower-spec computer than people here (GTX760 and Intel i5) and have no problem running on mid settings with 30+fps now. And if you can run it smoothly it's a lot of fun, specially the online multiplayer.

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

program666 posted:

Can you make videos of the last seconds, changing camera angles to see from other angles and then play it back with the camera changing the way you want? Like it was in carma 2 by the way. It doesn't even need to output video since I can do it with shadowplay, but playing back with the camera angles I want would be glorious.
Yeah you still have the full replay editor, and you can review everything from the beginning to the end of the race (so you don't need to worry about missing a moment).
Although there's no export/share functionality like the mobile version for some reason.

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

I can confirm it runs and looks much better now, I cranked it up to Best Quality with little issue. I'll record a video later.

They wrote some blog posts on all the performance updates since launch, for the curious:

http://www.carmageddon.com/news/post-launch-update-1
http://www.carmageddon.com/blog/ups-and-downs-updates
http://www.carmageddon.com/news/sexing-it-right

SupSuper fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Oct 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

Standalone expansions are all the rage now, get with the times daddio.

• Locked thread