Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ferrous Wheel
Aug 18, 2007

"This is not only a security risk but we occasionally get pigeons roosting in the space as a result."

RandomCheese posted:

A big bag of :420:

Agreed, but also earmark some funds for Buchla.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrous Wheel
Aug 18, 2007

"This is not only a security risk but we occasionally get pigeons roosting in the space as a result."

wunderdog posted:

I come up with chord progressions by rolling a d6 to determine number of chords, then pull that many notes out of a hat. gently caress theory.

http://youtu.be/nu1u5uBe9So

Ferrous Wheel
Aug 18, 2007

There's got to be a million bands that dream of having a vocalist that wants them to play faster, less melodic stuff. See if your local pound can re-home her with one of them.

Ferrous Wheel
Aug 18, 2007

If you want to be really charitable you could reassess your original position on fast lines and see if you feel okay bringing a bit more of that in without completely abandoning your original vision. Maybe in limited doses it could add variety to your sound and present some fun challenges to you as a player.

Alternatively, if you don't think any of your songs would be made more interesting that way, tell her that. If she thinks the DC hardcore thing is with doing she should be able to justify it on an individual song level. If she wants to write some songs with faster bits then maybe you'll feel like giving her more creative control of those songs.

Really though, you're within your rights to put your foot down here. Especially if you or the whole group can't play the fast stuff cleanly. Keeping a band together is hard though, and I've found that a willingness to do my best to execute ideas I don't especially like makes it much easier. But it only works if you can arrive at a solution you don't completely hate.

Ferrous Wheel
Aug 18, 2007

Nope, still making GBS threads. Pay attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrous Wheel
Aug 18, 2007

"32 1/2"? Really?

• Locked thread