Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
W424
Oct 21, 2010

The Cleaner posted:

Music is a nice hobby because it keeps you away from street drugs.

Sure does if tou have a grow op in your studio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W424
Oct 21, 2010

net work error posted:

As a not so good musician I feel like buying lots of expensive things will make me actually make music. Please share your similar experiences.

Well no, but I have a lot of toys now. My live rigs have for the last few years mainly been gobbled together from stuff I've had lying around. I feel kinda bad for the 5 guitars and a half stack that I haven't touched since my previous band imploded three years ago.

W424
Oct 21, 2010

Million Ghosts posted:

If someone (a mediocore guitarist in my poo poo band) decides a loving Dual Rec is a good investment, who am I to tell them they're retarded? In his words, "I'll never need another head, man."

I bought a 6505 head and a Orange cab when I was in band, haven't touched them since we quit.
The cab stays but the head is absolutely useless for anyhing other than loving metal, I'm thinking of selling it and getting an Eleven rack to a) get some use out of it b) to post about it and feel the rage.

W424
Oct 21, 2010

Mradyfist posted:

This guy has been reposting ads for his funk punk group for, I think, over a year now. I don't think there's even a "we" involved here, I'm pretty sure it's just one guy who's desperate for someone to join his band and play his songs about "bugers" and "jizzem". It makes me so sad...

thank gently caress it isn't 1993 anymore.

• Locked thread