Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cname
Jan 24, 2013

by Lowtax
Hi guys, I'm trashy Craigslist DJ known as "DJ Mikey P" I'm a combination of every minority stereotype as well as fat-gut, unshaven, white trash, all at once. I'm the Freddy Krueger to your son or daughter's worst nightmare. A sweet 16 at the American Legion featuring a 2nd hand PT Cruiser with a bow on top.

Everything I play either misses the 14-19 demo by 5 or 6 years or is simply "school dance" music. Kids still listen to Guttermouth, right? No? Ok, I'll hit em with some One Direction. I don't have the selfie song or Animals, but if you want, you can plug your iPhone into this cord and I'll play it for you, while I email myself all the pictures in your photo library.

Since it's a sweet 16, I assume I'll have to announce when it's time to open presents, play pin the tail on the donkey, all that jazz. I'll be sure to make horribly awkward/borderline offensive comments about how "pretty" your daughter is as I help myself to some cake and chew in between sentences.

Be sure to check out the MySpace page my nephew set up for me! If you wanna book me again, you can find my personal info on the PowerPoint slide that's been displaying on the overhead projector all afternoon or email me at deejaymikeyp84321@yahoo.com

cname fucked around with this message at 15:57 on May 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cname
Jan 24, 2013

by Lowtax

Kilometers Davis posted:

Realizing my instruments only need to be relevant to me while dismissing most music as dumb kid hipster garbage is pretty much what keeps me alive. I'm only 24 but I can't wait to at least hit my 40s and be that grumpy old musician who hates everything.

This is me too. I hate pop/top-40s and most mainstream music, because it's "mainstream garbage" but I also hate anything underground/indie/industrial because it's lovely, hipster noise.

Basically, all music is horrible and I listen to a lot of it.

cname
Jan 24, 2013

by Lowtax
Any Guitar Center employees ITT? I'm curious as to how things work in Guitar Center and what kind of rules you may or may not have but wish you had.

1) How long are you willing to let people play music for?
2) To what extent are you willing to let people demo the products? Have things ever amounted to an entire stage setup in the corner of the speaker section? Like full blown band practice/performance complete with keyboard, DJ and singer?
3) Are people allowed to set up camp and play for change inside the store? Or do they need to beg outside?
4) What's the longest anyone has ever played for, before you lost your poo poo and threw them out/quit/assaulted them?

Any stories would be appreciated. I feel like Guitar Center probably has just as much to offer as Wal Mart as far as it's customers are concerned.

The other day, there was a guy playing a speaker. As in; sitting on top of it like a toilet (but with his trousers up) and banging on it with his hands, through his legs. I browsed for a solid hour and he didn't stop from the time I walked in to the time I left.

I feel like mad people play at Guitar Center, looking to get discovered.

cname fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Aug 18, 2014

cname
Jan 24, 2013

by Lowtax

Mradyfist posted:

Uh, you did, you discovered him dude. Time to sign him to a label, don't be a douche about it.

I'm honestly surprised this isn't a popular scam. Spend all day walking around Guitar Center in a suit, with a brief case, looking to sign local talent.

"Thing is, last opening act bailed at the last minute, so the venue wants a $250 deposit just to be sure you'll show up to perform. Once the show is over, you'll get $500 in return, so you'll be making $250 for yourself, if you're willing to proceed."

Aspiring musicians are the most desperate, ignorant, gullible, drug-addled morons on the face of the earth. Most of which are living off their parent's income.

cname fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Aug 19, 2014

• Locked thread