Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam

Rotten Cookies posted:

TL;DR: I don't know what I don't know about band sound equipment, and I don't know what online things are true. Can goons tell me the basics and not-so-basics about band sound setup?

I'd really like to recommend to you the Yamaha Sound Reinforcement Handbook, linked down below. It will answer nearly everything, is well indexed, and goes about as shallow or as deeply as you need to go for everything live and recording oriented, save for not quite so much about things like DAWs. But for in-depth details of setting up a PA system with maximum volume and minimum feedback, or recording with minimal noise, or setting up on-stage monitors? Oh yes. It's got the practical theory, it's got the math, it's got how stuff works. And if you don't want to, you don't have to read it cover to cover, you can just look up the bits you need and flip around a little bit to fill in more detail. Hope this was helpful.

http://www.amazon.com/Sound-Reinforcement-Handbook-Gary-Davis/dp/0881889008/ref=pd_cp_MI_0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread