Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stoopidmunkey
May 21, 2005

yep
I come up with chord progressions by rolling a d6 to determine number of chords, then pull that many notes out of a hat. gently caress theory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stoopidmunkey
May 21, 2005

yep

Rotten Cookies posted:

Real musicians use a d12 :smug:

My wife stole my D&D dice, so I had to raid the monopoly kit. :colbert:

stoopidmunkey
May 21, 2005

yep
Regarding vocalists, I think it all boils down to the whole band working as one. I just went through a major line-up change when my bassist dropped out completely and my drummer needed to take a sabbatical for health reasons. We were a 3 piece, so I'm the only original member now. At first I was reluctant with their suggestions, but working with new musicians has really helped the crap I wrote grow in to some cooler sounding stuff. I also brought in a female backup vocalist who we're working with because she wants to sing more. Our roles are reversed, however; I play fast as hell and she wants slower. Now with that our set has some nice variety to it. Maybe you guys could do something a little closer to what she wants, but keep it within your sound and see what happens. Otherwise, kick her out.

stoopidmunkey
May 21, 2005

yep

Hammer Floyd posted:

Every riff that I ever came up with ended up being a riff that some other band has used.

Fixed this to describe me.

stoopidmunkey
May 21, 2005

yep
He reminds me of a singer I met that simply went by "Raven". Nice guy, but didn't know his limitations and thought he was the best thing ever. Also, if that guy talks like he types, I wouldn't hire him either. This is mainly because if we're collaborating on lyrics, I don't want to see something like " b 4 i met u" on a lyrics sheet.

stoopidmunkey
May 21, 2005

yep

Smash it Smash hit posted:

Another million dollar idea: Incense that smell like burning tubes.

I would buy the hell out of this. My wife would not understand, but the practice space would smell like rock and roll.

stoopidmunkey
May 21, 2005

yep

Smash it Smash hit posted:

science says 8/10 times when someone calls something hipster it's because they thing they/it is cooler than them.

fight me.

gently caress you, dude. I was in the punk scene and bashing music that was popular before it was "cool". loving hipsters took my jerrrrrrrrrb!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stoopidmunkey
May 21, 2005

yep

Rotten Cookies posted:

Yeah, but Chode amps tend to kill sustain. The notes just don't have the right length.

I'll give them that no matter what you put in front of them, anything you play feels tight.

Short scale problems ITT

• Locked thread