Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gym Leader Barack
Oct 31, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Hey man go easy on the mau5, that's like 799,901 more problems than Jay-Z had. Guy must do it tough.

edit: It is likely that there will be some, if not entire, overlap between the two separate lists of problems.

Gym Leader Barack fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Mar 31, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gym Leader Barack
Oct 31, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Yeah as a muso you generally have access to way better than street level drugs.

I was going to build up some array of smileys to indicate weed and music always being a great combination but there are very few smilies related to musicicians, so instead I will just fall back on :catdrugs:

Gym Leader Barack
Oct 31, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Oh my yes, the past 10 years has been liberally peppered with unjustifiable purchases that benefited me minimally at the time, but then I reached a point where I started making music regularly and holy poo poo I have all this cool stuff that I can use now, thanks Past Self!

Think of these purchases as presents for the future you. Even go to the length of using them fruitlessly now, repackaging them up and hiding them somewhere in the house (get high as poo poo on the nugz from your industry-standard studio grow op to help forget that you've hidden them) and then years later find a drum machine propping up the wonky table and an E-Bow stuffed in the spare linen drawer.

Gym Leader Barack
Oct 31, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Behold! A Elk! posted:

It's been so long since I've made anything, can anyone please recommend me something expensive to buy that will turn me into a good musician?

A big bag of :420:

Gym Leader Barack
Oct 31, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Yeah laying down $1k+ on a bedroom amp? Crazy!

/spends 60% of income on drugs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gym Leader Barack
Oct 31, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Take baths instead.

• Locked thread