Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

Buying expensive things IS making music.

The music industry is a Freemason conspiracy.

Right, so like, the Masons yeah? They put loads of money into bands like Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd and Iron Maidens to be rockstars and millionaires right? So then we would all want to be like Jimmy Gilmour and Bruce Halford. So after they spent all that money into making people rich and famous to make us want to be rich and famous, they made musical equipment really expensive so that they could make all that money back from us buying their really expensive equipment because we wanted to be Rock Stars.

Alternatively:

gently caress you Gibson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ysyZF-DZFY

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe

Bread Dragon posted:

I'm going to get a lot of poo poo for this, but I roll my eyes whenever I see a rig that cost more than $350 (+/-$50) being used by anyone who isn't touring 6+ weeks a year or seriously working a dreaded wedding/corporate circuit. Sure, it isn't my place to tell people how to spend their money, but every time I see a bar band that play 6-8 shows per year with Orange fullstacks, I make sure to head the opposite direction (or I risk extreme boredom). Spend your money on recording and promotion. I was in a three piece that toured, and I think our equipment collectively cost about $1000. Many of my friends have been in similar positions.

Of course, I'm not so dumb as to slander everyone. But my anecdotal evidence fits my world view, which clearly identifies me as a typical superstitious musician.

Yes, but what's the point of recording if your musical equipment gives you a poo poo sound?

The benefit of musical equipment (recording or otherwise) is a game of diminishing returns (at a hugely accelerated rate!) but I would argue that there's no point whatsoever in trying to record a Squier Strat plugged into some piece of crap, $100 practice amp.

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe
Every riff that I ever came up with in the shower ended up being a riff that some other band has used.

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe

wunderdog posted:

Fixed this to describe me.

Yeah...

...me too :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe
They're basically saying that their cover of Queen: "I Want To Break Free" is the best song they've ever written.

• Locked thread